Enchanting Grom Fright

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah! I forgot you've never been here for the social event of the season." Willow says.

Welcome to your first-"

Suddenly, two masked health workers enter, rolling a stretcher and making siren noises that cut Gus off.

"Outta the way!"

The workers surround a beast-keeping student with dark skin, blonde hair that covers his eyes, and big, pointy ears similar to a bat as Skara looks on.

"Come with us immediately! Your disease, it's advancing!" they help him onto the stretcher.

"Is there a cure, doc?" the bat boy asks.

"Only one...finding the perfect date to Grom!"

"If that's the cure...then, Skara, will you go to Grom with me?" he holds out a beating heart with "GROM?" written on it in red ink.

"Ahhhhh! Of course I will, or whatever!" Skara hugs him as the onlooking students and teachers cheer.

Luz gasps, "You guys have a version of prom on the Boiling Isles? I was kicked out of my last school dance for dressing like an otter." she strikes a pose, "But maybe here, I could be your Grom Queen!"

Willow exchanges a look as Gus cringes, "That's, uh, not something people usually sign up for."

"Yeah, Luz, being Grom Queen is not a good thing." Cerise told her as Amity enters from around the corner, looking down at a note she was carrying before unknowingly bumping into Luz. The two fall, Amity's books and the note falling to the ground.

"Watch it, nitwit! Oh. Hi, Luz..." she looks over at Cerise, Willow, and Gus, "and co. Sorry about that." she stands up.

"No problem, let me help you!" Luz helps Amity pick up her books and hands her the little pink note she dropped, " Here, your note." Amity quickly snatches it away, "Man, you got some quick grabbers."

"It's just, it's...private."

The speaker screeches on as everyone looks at it.

"I'm so nervous."

"Shh! This is it!"

"Attention Hexside students. This is your principal speaking."

"Oh, man, this is it!" Gus looks anxious.

"He's announcing who'll be this year's Grom royalty." Willow clasps her hands together as Amity looks on, concerned.

"This year, I have the privilege to bestow our highest Grom honor to...Amity Blight!" Principal Bump announces as Cerise, Luz, Willow, and Gus gasp, turning to Amity, who looked shocked, "Our Grom Queen!"

The other students gasp as well, "It's Amity!/Amity."

Amity looks noticeably uneasy.

"Whoo! Amity, get it, queen!" Luz holds her hand up for a high-five as Amity looks around and runs off, "Don't leave me hangin'!"

Willow puts a hand on her shoulder, "You might wanna give her some space. Being Grom Queen is a tough job. Even for Amity."

"Speaking of Grom, Willow, Gus, come with me. I need to make sure your Grom outfits fit."