Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1

Start from the beginning

Dr. Ellman: Why do you think Tyler told him instead of you or your friends first?

Hannah Baker: That's what puzzle's me. When Tyler told him about it, he confronted Monty about it and told him to stay away from Tyler or he'll turn him in. Charlie was there when that happened. He helped Justin out with Meth Seth. But then there's what his father did to Tony's family.

Dr. Ellman: Had them deported.

Hannah Baker: Yeah. Tony lost his family because of Bryce. He may not had anything to do with I.C.E. showing up to Tony's house and rip his family away from him, but it was because what he did to me & Jessica.

But then I go back to hearing his tape and hearing the guilt in his voice.

Hannah Baker: But what if he was trying to be a better person? He did try to reach out to both me & Jessica but we just turn him down. Then he tried apologizing to my mother when she was in town. She told me about it and I got so angry that I went over to his place and attacked him and threatened him in front of his mother. I never did anything like that. Not even to Sarah Carlin. He changed me.

Tear begin coming down from my eyes.

Hannah Baker: (Sobbing) And I fucking hate that I'm even thinking about forgiving him after what he did to me and what he drove me to do.

Dr. Ellman: Are you really thinking about forgiving him?

Hannah Baker: (Sniff) I was until Clay showed up to Navy Pier.

Shit! I shouldn't have said that.

Dr. Ellman: He was there, too?

Hannah Baker: Umm... I shouldn't have said that.

Dr. Ellman: Why was he there?

Hannah Baker: I don't know.

Why did he ran from his house all the way to Navy Pier? I never did ask him about it. One thing I do know, we're going to have a long talk. The next day at school, Liberty just keeps getting more fucked up by the day. For gym class, they're having us do a active shooter drill where we have to demonstrate how to stop a bleeding from a gunshot wounds on a dummy. That's really fucked up right? So far I'm doing good with my partner. As much as this is fucked up, this skill might come in handy some day.

Justin Foley: Jesus, Clay. Come on. Help me.

Clay Jensen: Uh...

I turn to see how Clay & Justin are doing. Clay's just sitting there doing nothing. He's just staring at his hands.

Justin Foley: Clay!

Hannah Baker: (Whispering) What's he doing?

Justin Foley: Clay! Clay, what the fuck?

Coach Kerba: And... time!

Phew! Thank god, we're done. I don't know how much more I could've taken.

Coach Kerba: I'm afraid your victim didn't make it, guys.

Clay looks exhausted while Justin just looks disappointed in him.

Coach Kerba: Let's see how other teams did.

Coach Kerba come over to see how me & my partner did.

Coach Kerba: Ok, Patty, Hannah, great work.

Me & my partner high 5 each other because we did good. Coach Kerba now goes to check out how Tyler & Tony do.