Tarzana Confronts Kerchak

Normal speech

Thoughts

Talking aloud to self

Phil Collins Singing

Monkey language

In the safety of the jungle, the entire clan is having a meeting discussing the strangers. They are cautious that these strange creatures may harm them. Some of them are curious. Tarzana is the most curious of them all. The responsibility to protect the clan was deeply ingrained in Kerchak. He did not want anyone to be hurt by the humans. He advise his clan of what they shall do to stay safe.

Kerchak: Everyone, we will avoid the strangers. Do not let them see you, and do not seek them out.

Tarzana speaks up her opposition.

Tarzana: They mean us no harm, Kerchak.

Kerchak: Tarzana, I don't know that.

Tarzana: But I do. I've spent time with them! They are curious like us!

Kerchak: Why does she defend them?

Reflecting on the events of the past few hours, Kerchak comes to a few conclusions. When he arrived at the camp to retrieve the missing gorillas and Tarzana he saw the young male human.. At the time he ignored it but now that everything had settled some, an almost fatherly feeling came to Kerchak at the thought of the young male with Tarzana. He did not like how he smelled of her. Kerchak figured that she had chosen the young male as a potential mate. Now Tarzana had been of age of choosing a mate for a few years even though she never did. Kerchak did not like this male, he was not right for her as a mate.

Kerchak: You may be willing to risk our safety, but I'm not! The young male is not to be trusted!

Tarzana: How would you know?! He trusted me!

Kerchak: He is not like us! They are not like us!

Tarzana frustrated by Kerchak's unwillingness to accept those unlike him decides to call him out on it.

Tarzana: Why are you threatened by anyone different from you?!

She gets up in his face. Kerchak growls. He doesn't like it as his authority is being questioned, especially by Tarzana. But the ape woman has defeated Sabor where the gorilla leader must at least try his best not to lose any newfound respect nor this new feeling he has. Kerchak gives Tarzana an order to deter her.

Kerchak: Protect this family and stay away from them!

Tarzana frowns angry but does not resume any arguments with the leader of the gorilla clan. She climbs down to where Kala is at.

Kala: Tarzana, for once, listen to Kerchak.

Tarzana frowns at her mother. Not once has anyone indicated that there were more creatures like her.

Tarzana: Why didn't you tell me there were creatures that looked like me?!

Kala doesn't respond. Tarzana walks away hurt that no one ever said that she wasn't the only one. For some reason, Kala knew this day would come. The question is, will Tarzana find out the truth? Kala sighs as she watches her daughter climb up to the tree trunk looking at the view upset. Tarzana hugs her knees to her chest for comfort.

Tarzana: Why did no one tell me? I just thought I was different from everyone else. I'm not the same as my family.

The sun sets in the background as the clan goes to sleep. Kala looks off from her nest to see that her daughter has still to move from her place in the tree. Kala goes to her daughter to try and get her to go to sleep. Kala calls out to her daughter softly.

Kala: Tarzana?

Not hearing a response she tries again as she comes closer to Tarzana. Kala lays a gentle hand on her daughter's shoulder and speaks up again.

Kala: Tarzana?

Tarzana shrugs the hand from her shoulder still hurt from earlier. Kala sighs and attempts to have her daughter sleep her troubles away.

Kala: Tarzana will you please come to bed?

Tarzana: Why?

Kala: It is getting late.

Tarzana: So.

Kala: Please, Tarzana. I know that this is all confusing but getting some sleep will help.

Frustrated with both Kerchak and her mother, Tarzana decides to agree so she doesn't have to hear anything else today.

Tarzana: Fine.

Tarzana jumps off from the tree quickly making her way to where she and her mother have their nest. Kala follows after her going slow to give her daughter space. Once Tarzana makes it to their nest she lays down to sleep. Kala thinks of what she could say that would help, but nothing comes to mind.

Kala: Good night Tarzana.

Tarzana refuses to respond, keeping her eyes closed and back turned away. Knowing what her daughter is doing, Kala proceeds to kiss Tarzana on the forehead. She hopes her daughter is in better spirits tomorrow.

Tarzana feels the weight of the days activities weigh on her. Her body is tired and mind running a million miles an hour. Although her 'fake sleep' was an act to not have to talk to her mom, she now feels how tired she truly is. Right before she passes out, she feels the kiss on her head and hears her mother's voice speak up again.

Kala: I love you.

~~~~~~~~

Wooo! 2 chapters in a week! I am sorry for the short chapter tho! The next one will be longer and is better place together unlike with this chapter! Hope everyone's enjoying the book! Feel free to comment or ask questions. Until next time!