Explorers/The Baby Baboon

Normal speech

Thoughts

Talking aloud to self

Phil Collins Singing

Tarzana arrives in an area of the jungle covered by bamboo. However instead of the normal tall grass it seems to have been cut down. She then starts to sniff the air and smells something, something she has never smelled before. Jumping from a tree, she goes to the ground and sees some unfamiliar tracks. She hasn't seen anything like it before. Then, her eyes spot a weird golden object, and she picks it up. She examines the object and sniffs it. Whatever it is, it smells like powder, but not the kind she's smelled before. She licks it and she almost gags, a look of disgust on her face. The thing tastes awful.

Suddenly, the same noise is heard, this time it is close. Tarzana looks in the direction of the noise before running up a trunk and grabbing a vine to swing up. Once she's higher in the tree she looks down. She sees something slicing through some bamboo below.

Voice: I was reminded of a safari I led up the Zambezi. Marvelous. Lots of hunting, yes. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. Ooh, was it scary there. (Out of curiosity and since she can't see from where she's at, she jumps off the tree, grabbing a nearby vine to swing to another tree and slides on the branch to hide behind some bushes. She parts some leaves and watches as someone makes their way closer to her.) Two bearers with only three rifles for me, blasted away. That's when I knew I was born for Africa, and Africa was created for—

As the figure comes closer, he stops. Tarzana looks puzzled, but dodges something that knocks down some more bamboo. It makes the same noise she heard before. Tarzana doesn't know it at the moment, but she has dodged a gunshot.

Soon, the figure cuts down the grass in front of him. It's a tall, muscular hunter with thinning hair as well as a pencil thin mustache that is mixed with his dignified English hunter attire and machete attached to the hip. He is the infamous poacher William Cecil Clayton. Although neither know it, Clayton is her biological cousin.

Clayton narrows his eyes as he holds something in his hand, AKA a double barreled rifle. He points it at something he just saw. Tarzana looks worried, until another figure appears. His name is Archimedes Q. Porter. He is a short and slender man with fair skin, white hair and mustache, grey eyebrows and green eyes. He wears a cream exploration shirt and blue bow tie, yellow pants and a hard safari hat.

Porter: Clayton, Clayton, there you are, what is it? (Tarzana looks in awe at the creatures. They look like her.) What is it? Are we in danger?

Clayton: I thought I saw something.

He walks off towards where Tarzana is hiding.

Porter: Is it a Hippopotamus amphibious, or a Rhinoceros bihornus?

Clayton: Professor, don't move!

Porter stops where he's standing, holding an uncomfortable position. He nods swiftly in understanding.

Porter: Oh, right.

Young male voice: Father?

A voice calls from behind the bamboo. Another figure comes through the bamboo, holding it back. It is a tall young male man. His name is John Porter, the son of the professor. John is a man in his early 20s with fair skin, blue eyes, and long, brown hair. He wears a long yellow suit and dark brown khakis, hard safari hat, white gloves, long brown hiking boots, white petticoat, with a blue tie and his hair was in a ponytail. He held a walking cane and drawing sketchpad. Tarzana looks a little lovestruck at seeing John.