"Trashin' The Camp"/John's Rant

Normal speech

Thoughts

Talking aloud to self

Singing

Monkey language

Halfway to their new nesting location Terk decides to strike up a conversation with 'Tarzana'. Tantor keeps pace with 'them' ready to join in the conversation.

Terk: So T... how bad were you hurt by Sabor?

Terk turns to look at her cousin, confused by the unexpected silence. Tantor and Terk both turn to look at Tarzana but are shocked by what they see. Unlike what they originally thought, believing her to be in between the friends, Tarzana was nowhere in sight. Tantor speaks up.

Tantor: Tarzana?

Terk: Oh no... (Terk runs up ahead some to catch up with Flynt and Mungo inform them of the recent development while Tantor stays behind so as to not attract any unwanted attention. She hopes that they are willing to help her search for Tarzana.) Hey Flynt! Mungo! (She whisper yells as she walks up beside them.)

Mungo: Hey Terk!

Flynt: How's it going?

Terk: Tarzana has gone missing.

The two young males halt in their steps. They glance at the clan and see that Terk was right. Flynt and Mungo begin to question Terk.

Flynt: What?

Mungo: Why?

Terk: I don't know.

Flynt: After what she's done?

Mungo: Yeah! Why would she try to get on Kerchak's bad side so soon?

Terk: I have no idea but can you guys help me go look for her. Kerchak will be mad if he finds out she's not here.

Mungo: Give us a moment and we'll meet you by the pond we past a bit ago.

Terk: Fine but be quick! We can't let Kerchak find out.

Terk runs off to Tantor to tell him of the plan. They head to the pond and wait for the two young gorillas to appear. A few moments later Flynt and Mungo appear through the forestry.

Terk: Jeez guys what took you so long? (As the words leave her mouth, more gorillas pop out from the bushes. Confused as to why they are there Terk questions them.) What's going on? What did you two do?

Flynt: We went for more help.

Mungo: They all admire what Tarzana did earlier and what to look for her.

Tantor: Is this true?

Young gorillas: Of course! She saved the clan! We respect heroism.

A sense of pride started to swell in Terk's chest. Years ago if this were to have happened, Terk knows that the others would only be coming to tease Tarzana or make fun of her. That their 'help' was just a rouse to make her an outcast. The looks in their eyes tell a different story now. Each one of the gorillas speaks truth. None of them wish to see her to come to harm. It seems that her cousin's defeat of Sabor has really moved the other gorillas in the clan.

Terk: Ok, lets hurry.

Lead by Terk and Tantor, the gorillas follow them through the jungle in search of their missing member.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the group makes its way through some bamboo trees Flynt starts to call out for Tarzana.