Young Tarzana/Pest Control

Normal speech

Thoughts

Talking aloud to self

Phil Collins Singing

10 years later, Kala is sound asleep on a bright, sunny morning. She slowly cracks opens her eyes, blinking sleepily and tightly wraps her arms around herself, thinking she's hugging Tarzana. Upon feeling air where Tarzana should be Kala feels around still waking up. Suddenly, her eyes open wide with a start as she realizes that Tarzana is missing. She starts to frantically look around their nest for her. Kala calls out her daughter's name in fear.

Kala: Tarzana?

Unbeknownst to her, Tarzana is hanging around in some vines above her. She is now 10 years old with long brown hair covering her bare chest. Her skin has darked slightly over the years turning olive. Her blue-green eyes vibrant with life. She wears a dark brown loincloth around her waist, covering most of her waist. She waits a couple of seconds and lets out a loud trumpet like an elephant, alarming Kala. Without having to look, Kala playfully scolds her daughter.

Kala: Tarzana!

Kala now looks above her to where she heard Tarzana's elephant call. Hanging upside-down from the vines, the young girl has a playful look on her face. She teases her mother.

Tarzana: I sure scared you, Mama.

Kala sighs in relief knowing her daughter wasn't actually missing but pranking her.

Kala: You sure did! (Tarzana goes to bring herself down to the ground but slips slightly. Kala quickly catches her with one arm.) Can't you imitate any quieter animals?

Tarzana climbs on her mom's shoulders before stopping by her head. Kala has a big smile on her face as her daughter pets her head.

Tarzana: Aw Mama, they are no fun. (Tarzana gets a devilish look in her eyes,) Wanna see me be a leopard?

She snarls like a leopard and makes a slashing motion with one hand. Kala grabs her daughter gently placing her back on the ground before giving her a suggestion.

Kala: Why don't you just come up with your own sound?

A mischievous grin appears on Tarzana's face as an idea comes to her head. She places a quick kiss to her mom's cheek. The ape girl runs away on four legs, making her own sound and tricks. Kala shakes her head lovingly. Tarzana passes three mother gorillas grooming their babies. The other gorilla babies see what she's doing and like it. They copy the noises, alarming their mothers. The mother's scold Kala for giving Tarzana the idea.

Gorilla Mothers: Kala!

Kala shrugs her shoulders as if saying "What can you do, kids will be kids." As Tarzana continues running away, she runs into a familiar gorilla's leg, making her fall back. She looks and yelps as she sees Kerchak frowning at her.

Tarzana: Oops, hee-hee. (She backs off as Kerchak lowly growls at her, an apologetic look on her face.) I'm sorry, fa-

Before she can finisher her apology, a familiar young gorilla runs in and hugs her. A now 13 year old Terk is hugging her cousin. She's grown taller and her fur has grown out more. Her fur has lightened some from the previous years.

Terk: Tarzana, thank goodness you're all right! Kala and I have been so worried. (Terk fake cries out before speaking to Kerchak.) Thank you! Thank you so much for finding her, Kerchak. You are such a wise and caring leader. (Kerchak rolls his eyes in annoyance. Terk chuckles sheepishly, before whispering to Tarzana.) Run!