Outcast/Hand To Hand

Normal speech

Thoughts

Talking aloud to self

Phil Collins Singing

Back at the watering hole, Terk pulls a knocked out Tarzana to shore. Terk starts talking, voice filled with concern.

Terk: Tarzana, buddy, buddy, come on, don't die on me! Don't die on me! You weren't supposed to do it! It's my fault! Wake up!

Tears come to her eyes, as she begs to Tarzana to awake. She didn't want this to happen. All she wanted was to spend some time with her other friends and not have to keep Tarzana from hurting herself. Now it's her fault that Tarzana went after the elephant hair and got hurt. During her self-loathing Tantor comes running up to Terk.

Tantor: Get away from there! (He grabs Terk to protect her.) Don't you know a piranha can strip your flesh in seconds? (Terk struggles to free herself from Tantor's hold. She breaks free before yelling at him.)

Terk: What? She's not a piranha. She's... (Terk hears some coughing and notices it came from the previously unconscious girl. Terk is joyous that Tarzana is ok.) She's alive! She's alive! She's alive! (She hugs her cousin tightly.)

Tantor: She's alive!

Terk: She's ali- (She pauses and frowns in realization. She pushes the girl down.) You idiot! You nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought that you'd died! You happy?!

Tarzana: Uh-huh.

Tarzana holds up a single strand of elephant hair. Terk looks at the hair baffled. Her cousin managed to get the hair and keep it the entire time.

Terk: You--I don't believe it.....you got the hair?

Tantor: Is that what this is all about? I got a whole tail of them!

Tantor swings his tiny tail showing of his own hairs. The group laughs for a moment before Terk decides introductions are due.

Terk: We'll my name is Terkina but call me Terk. (Terk grabs Tarzana again, before gesturing to her.) The idiot who almost died is my little cousin Tarzana.

Tarzana: Hey! I only went cause you told me to. (Tarzana exclaims slightly insulted. Terk rolls her eyes and ignores her cousin's remark.)

Terk: What's your name?

Tantor: Oh yeah! I'm Tantor. Nice to meet you two.

Tarzana: Nice to meet you as well Tantor. Do you want to be our friend?

Tantor: Yeah! But if you need any more hairs you should come to me.

Tantor swishes his tail back in forth to make his point. This causes the group laughs a bit, until a two voices interrupts them at the same time. The gorilla clan has made it to the watering hole. Kala is at the head of them with Zuri.

Kala's voice: Tarzana?

Zuri's voice: Terkina?

Tarzana and Terk: Oh, no...

Tantor: Who's that?

The two girls look at each other sheepishly and in fear.

Tarzana & Terk: My mom.

Just then, Kala runs up towards daughter relieved to find her not hurt. Zuri does the same to her daughter until Terk broke away to stand next to Tarzana.

Kala: Tarzana!

Tarzana looks up at her mother before responding sheepishly.

Tarzana: Hi.