Loss (Claudia Pina)

I would be watching the champions league final from the stands. A persistent ankle injury kept me from playing. To say I was upset would be an understatement but I had to be happy for my girlfriend.
I put on a Barcelona shirt with 'pina' on the back and got ready for the day. I was heading to the stadium later with a few of the other girls who were injured. With time to kill I headed out into the city of Turin to find a cafe. I had sent a few good luck messages to Claudia but she was yet to reply.
Jana and bruna had texted me to let me know when to meet them. I got some lunch before I headed back to the hotel to get ready.
We then left for the stadium. The team had already left so we would be able to watch the end of their warm ups.

We found our seats just behind the subs bench and watched as the team ran through set pieces. At one point Claudia looked over and I sent her a small smile which she reciprocated
"How are you two?" Jana asked
"Good. We know what we both want and need" i replied keeping my eyes on the team
"I wish we were playing" bruna frowned
"Me too" Jana replied but I stayed silent. I would love nothing more than to be playing but today I was Barcelonas number one fan and Claudias number one fan.

The team went back inside and soon enough the fans began to filter into the stadium. The Barca fans were loud as always creating an unbelievable atmosphere. Our fans this season had been unreal and today was no exception. Both teams came out to warm up and that's when the nerves hit me. I tried to ignore the uncertainty I had as much as possible.

Kick off was taken and it was all or nothing. I knew how the Barca players felt. We wanted revenge.

When the final whistle went I put my head in my hands. I let a few tears escape, allowing myself to be upset. Jana and bruna were both crying but I only had one person on my mind.
Claudia. I look at her laying on her back. She had covered her face with her arms.
In desperation I climbed over some seats to make my way onto the pitch. When I got there I walked over and placed my hand on her stomach, kneeling down
"Amor?"
She didn't reply
"I'll give you some time" i stated and got up. I comforted some of my other teammates and clapped the fans. They deserved better.

When it was time to watch Lyon lift the trophy I couldn't watch. I stared at the ground. That should have been us. I looked around at my team. Red eyes, tears and pain. I once again saw Claudia crying with her hands on her face. I walked over and wrapped my arms around her. I didn't say anything. I didn't know how I could help.
"I'm so sorry I let you down" her voice barely a whisper
"What? You made me so proud today" i said into her ear as it was loud "I'm proud of you more every day. Despite the loss I know how hard you worked. This isn't your fault"
I placed a kiss on her neck and looked at her. She looked exhausted.
"Lets get away" i said and grabbed her hand pulling her towards the changing rooms
"I'm sorry I didn't reply to you, I've just been so focused and" She began
"Don't, you don't need to apologise to me" i grabbed her some water before sitting next to her
"We'll be back, better and stronger next year"
I cupped her cheek and kissed her. She sighed against my lips.
"Thank you"
"Always for you" i replied kissing her again