20. 𝓗𝓸𝓷𝓮𝔂𝓶𝓸𝓸𝓷, 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓳𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂

Start from the beginning

" Good for you. "

It was only nine so Arya changed into her pyjamas and went towards the garden , the only peaceful place in this house.

And by peace , she didn't mean the eerily silent mansion but a place where a person could sit in solidarity.

" Today is a poornima. "
I turned towards the sound to see Dhwani bhabhi standing with her arms crossed.

" But I can't see the moon. "

"It's there," she stated pointing towards the sky , " shrouded by those clouds. "

"You know Arya , our feelings are also like that. It might be glowing bright like the full moon. But sometimes we deny it's presence like those clouds.
But at the end the moon will shine through. "

I looked towards the clouds moving away revealing the moon.

" Rehan is a great guy Arya. " Bhabhi said in a comforting tone.

" We are going on our honeymoon. Tomorrow. We will be back only after ten days. "

"So then , this maybe the last time I'm speaking to you from this house. Once you return , I might not be here. "
She responded with a painful smile.

" Was Veer Bhai not a great guy? " I asked curiousity getting the better of her.

"He was. He was my dream husband. But sometimes the dreams are better off as dreams. You never know when they will turn into nightmares. "

I nodded in under.

After sometime I returned to his bedroom to find him sleeping with a book still in his hands.

I chuckled.

The chilly night air was flowing into the room through the open windows.

Arya took the blanket near the end of the bed and covered him by it.
She didn't like him. But that didn't mean she lacked empathy.

No one ever cared if she was cold or hot. There were uncountable nights in which Arya couldn't sleep because of her shivering to the cold while her mother warmed another man's bed and her father ignored her existence completely.

Humans were vile creatures. She knew that. She has first hand experience in it. Still she knew there were some good ones like Dhwani bhabhi and Mahika.
But the thing was , Arya was finding it difficult to say which group Rehan belonged to.

*

The next day morning , I woke up earlier than usual. First I had to call the hospital and tell them about my leave , then I had to go for shopping. The flight was at 6.30 and Arya liked to be punctual.

I went towards the kitchen to see Sunitha kaki making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Kaki did you see Dhwani bhabhi?"

"Dhwani beta went to get ready. She is going to join today na. "

"Aapko kuch help chahiye kya?"

"Koi baat nahi beta. Mai sambhal loongi. "

"Good morning." A heavily sleepy Mahika yawned.

" Good morning. "

"Mahi. I need to go shopping today. Will you and bhabhi come? "