Chapter 20: A New Nightmare Awakens

Start from the beginning

Gwen: What kind of ship was that?! I was so advanced! But I've never seen an Atlas ship like that before! Does it belong to the Wolves? Could they have stolen some secret Altesian prototype?

She did everything to resist her urge to investigate. Shae was counting on her as a guide to Blake. She sighed and turned back to camp, disappointed she couldn't investigate what the technological marvel left behind. As she did, the scroll in her pocket vibrated. It wasn't hers.

|>—>—>—><—<—<—<|

Gryphon's feet hit the ground as he transmats into the dense forest. His radar couldn't find any life nearby, so he set an objective marker near where he saw the ship land.

He fiddled with the new glasses on his face for a moment, them being lopsided.

Yang suggested and Rosetta was forced to agree to the idea that Gryphon should wear glasses

Yang suggested and Rosetta was forced to agree to the idea that Gryphon should wear glasses. Yang said the crimson tint did well to offset the repetition of black that was his usual clothing. He humored them, figuring it would be irrelevant.

It wasn't. They continue to get mysteriously dirty and he has to fix their orientation repeatedly whenever he makes a large movement.

Gryphon had to commend Dain for his perception, but he wondered why he waited until they reached Anima's shore to tell him that they were being followed since they left Vacuo. Summer assumed it was probably the people who attacked her when Regalia first woke her up, meaning that Cinder and those other two were probably going to attack until they realized how outnumbered they were.

The question is what they are planning now that they can't attack directly?

Gryphon made a long run until he saw the light of a campfire, causing his to slow and become invisible with Void energy. He climbs into a tree where, unsurprisingly, Cinder, Grey, and Green were there with one of those floating glass balls from the first time he landed on Remnant.

Through his crimson tinted vision, he saw Cinder leaned against the ship while her subordinates sat close to the fire.

Mercury: Weren't we meant to rendezvous with that scorpion asshole once we got here? What's taking him so long?

Emerald: He probably ran into some poor rando on his way here and is probably torturing him to death.

The two looked back as Cinder took out her scroll and called Tyrian. She left the phone on speaker for all of them to hear dial tone ringing before suddenly cutting out.

|——————-|

Gwen dropped the shards of the scroll on the ground. His weapons and the picture of him that she took would have to do for evidence.

|——————-|

Cinder began to type another number into her phone, but a sudden onslaught of voices assaulted Gryphon from everyone direction before the all focused into one voice.