🌿🌸Boyfriend🌸🌿

🌿🌸Boyfriend🌸🌿 - Inspired by the song "Boyfriend" by Dove Cameron
Isabela x Reader (before Mariano got with Dolores // Modern AU)
Italic - Song
Underlined Italic - Y/n (you) singing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n POV

I was walking around the park, I saw Isabela in the distance. I started walking to her with a smile but stopped once I noticed Mariano following behind her, a small frown replaced my bright smile.

I've had a huge crush on Isabela since we were kids, she's my best (and only) friend. I took a deep breath and walked up to her. "Hola Isa!" I said with a wave.

"Hola Y/n." She replied, slightly frustrated. I understood why, we never got alone time since Mariano always followed her around like a lost puppy. I gestured my eyes to Mariano who was only a few feet away from us.

Isabela slightly nodded her head. I pulled out a note I had written the night before incase I saw her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The note read - I'll see and talk to you at Casita tonight, 8:00 sharp.

Love, Y/n
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I handed it to her discretely and said goodbye, I walked back to the far side of the park with a slight smile.

**Time Skip To While You're Waiting**

I was waiting in Isabela's room when she burst through the door frustratedly. Mariano had finally left her alone.

(Play the song now!!)

I can't believe we're finally alone

I sat on Isabela's bed watching her pace around her room anxiously

I can't believe I almost went home

'No wonder she's so frustrated, Mariano is so clingy..' I thought to myself.

What are the chances? Everyone's dancing
And he's not with you

I patted the spot next to me to signal Isabela to come sit, and she did.

The universe must have divined this

Once she sat down, a light blush tainted my cheeks as to how close we were. "Isabela, Mariano's here for you!!" Her Abuela Alma called out. Isabela huffed and stood up, I quietly panicked since this is our only time alone.

What am I gonna do
Not grab your wrist?

Out of panic, I grabbed her wrist and said the most unexpected thing possible...

"I could be a better boyfriend than him" I said, "I could do the shit that he never did" I finished.

I blushed and looked away awkwardly.

Up all night, I won't quit

I remembered all the times I had to pick her up from parties since Mariano didn't want to.

"Thinking I'm gonna steal you from him," I took a breath, "I could be such a gentleman."

I could see the visible on Isabela's face.

"Plus all my clothes would fit." I said shyly with a small smile.

**Time skip to the next day**

I could be a better boyfriend

A frown came across my face as I sat in my car waiting for Isabela, but saw Mariano trying to give Isabela some flowers and chocolates.

I don't need to tell you twice
All the ways he can't suffice

I rolled my eyes at his pathetic attempts at buying Isabela's affection.

If I could give you some advice
I would leave with me tonight

I smiled as Isabela got in the passenger seat, "Where to your majesty?" I asked jokingly. "The mall, dork." She said with a laugh as I drove off leaving a flabbergasted Mariano behind.

The universe must have divined this, mmm, mmm
Ladies first, baby, I insist

Once we got to the mall, I got out the car then opened the door for Isabela, "Ladies first, baby, I insist." I said with a playful bow.

I could be a better boyfriend than him
I could do the shit that he never did

Up all night, I won't quit
Thinking I'm gonna steal you from him

I could be such a gentleman
Plus all my clothes would fit

I could be a better boyfriend than him

"I could be a better boyfriend" I said under my breath as I followed slightly behind Isabela into the mall. "What'd you say?" Isabela asked, "Oh, nothing." I replied nervously.

**Time skip to that night at a party**

I was at a party and saw Isabela standing by a wall with no sign of Mariano. 'he definitely ditched her.' I thought as I walked over to her.

I never would have left you alone
Here on your own glued to your phone

"Oh, hey Y/n." "Hey Isa, what are you doing here alone?" I asked as I raised a brow. "Mariano ditched me for some blonde bimbo named MeGaN." She replied with an eyeroll, she then gestured to Mariano making out with a blonde chick (which I'm assuming was Megan).

Never would have left you alone
For someone else to take you home

"How about we ditch this place and we go get ice cream?" I asked with a smile. "Yeah, I'd love that." Isa replied with slight blush, then I "escorted" her to my car. And off we went to the nearest ice cream shop.

I could be a better boyfriend than him
I could do the shit that he never did

"We're hereee!" I said in a sing-song voice while parking. I got out and opened thw door for Isabela and also opened the shop door for her. A little bell rang once the door opened and after it closed, we sat down and ordered our ice cream.

Up all night, I won't quit
I'm gonna steal you from him

Once we sat down and got our ice cream, I couldn't help but admire Isabela's beautiful features. The way her eyes sparkled and how her hair sat perfectly on her shoulders.

I could be such a gentleman
Plus you know my clothes would fit

"Heyy! Earth to Y/nnn!!" I came out of my trance by Isa waving her hand infront of my face. "You ok dork? You seem off." She said while taking a bite of her ice cream.

"I could be a better boyfriend than him
I could do the shit that he never did." I said, I placed my hand on top of hers before continuing, "Up all night, I won't quit
Thinking I'm gonna steal you from him."

She blushed a light shade of red as I continued, "I could be such a gentleman,"

I gently brought her hand to my lips and kissed her knuckles, "Plus all my clothes would fit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's not my best but I did try, hope you liked it :))

Signing off - Cosmo <33

🦋Encanto Head Canons And One Shots🦋जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें