Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I have my own rain routine and it's to sit next to the window and read a cheesy book with a cup of tea on the side. I love the sound of the rain drops falling on the window and it makes me smile even if I was in the hardest time of my life. But sadly today I'm looking from a motel window at the rain without a book or even a cup of tea.

I looked down at my soaked clothes and frowned. I won't be able to enjoy the rain today.

"I can't find another empty room Faith we have to share the room"

I looked at Jack and faked smiled. "it's alright I'll just sleep on the floor"

I knew that he's going to act like a gentlemen and say that he'll sleep on the floor so I grabbed my bag and a towel and rushed to the bathroom and locked the door behind me.

Why am in a motel with my Ex?
Because after the wedding Hope's mother in law's car broke so my parents offered to give them a drive and I came with them so there was no space for me in the car.

Jack was there and he offered to give me a drive and my father said yes without giving me the chance to talk.

Although Jack dumped me but my father still trusts him to let him give me a ride. I'm sure if he didn't know him since he was 6 then he'd shoot him in the eye.

I stepped inside the shower and closed my eyes. I was feeling so depressed. I really needed a cup of tea. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound of the rain drops and felt the warm water falling on me.

If only Oli was the one who offered me a ride back home.

*****

When I left the bathroom Jack was already sleeping on the floor. I looked at the clock and saw that it's already 2:30 am. I sat on the bed and looked at my feet. I managed to calm down when I was having a shower but I still feel uncomfortable.

After staring at the window for like 15 minutes I laid on the bed and hugged the blanket.

"So you have a boyfriend" Jack said quietly.

"Why did you thought that I'd stay single for the rest of my life" I glared at the window because I can't see him. "Hell no I won't I want to get married and make a small family one day"

"So you say that you are already thinking of making a family with that strange guy".

I can see his shadow next to me which means that he just sat.

"I never said that and if I was why do you care" I pulled the blanket on top of me.
"He is not a strange guy. In fact he is very gentle and a bit awkward" I smiled. "He is so nice yet he can be so annoying but no one is perfect right?"

I grabbed my phone and sent a text for James asking him to come and pick me up in the morning.

"Goodnight Jack"

*****

I left Jack in the motel room and went downstairs. James said that he sent his friend to pick me up since he was too lazy to wake up in the morning and pick me up. And of course it was Oli.

I left a small note for Jack telling him that I had some plans so I had to leave early.

I left the motel and looked for Oli's car until I saw it. Without any word I opened the door and sat in the passenger seat.

"Strangely you look happy today" said Oli.

"How offensive" I said. "But I'll let it pass since I'm in a good mood"

For the next 15 minutes we both stayed silent. I was playing in my phone and he was driving obviously.

My eyes started to hurt me because of playing so I locked my phone and closed my eyes for a while.

"You look tired" Said Oli. "It's like you didn't have enough sleep last night"

"I'm not tired my eyes hurt because of staring at my phone for a while"

"Oh okay"

When I looked at him trying to kill the silence I noticed that he was a little down unlike him.

"Are you alright? I asked.

"Yeah"
That was his only reply.

This is not normal if he was really alright he would be teasing me now and he would reply with more than just a word.

"OH MY GOD" I screamed all of the sudden.

"What ? What is it" Oli stopped his car. "Are you alright why did you scream like that is everything okay?"

"I have something very important to do and I completely forgot about it"

"Don't scream like that again you scared the hell out of me!"

"Let's drive I need to this important thing right now" I said ignoring him.

"Tell me where you need to go and I'll take you"

"No you don't know where it is I'll drive"

"Alright"

He gave up easily which made me excited. This is going to be the best day in his life.

Author's note

You may slap me. Or you know why don't you kill me? Don't you think I deserve it for taking forever? I'm sure you are sick of me saying sorry for being late but I'm really sorry.
I'll try to avoid the word "sorry" by writing more.
What do you think of this chapter? I think it's short but it's only because the next chapter is going to be exciting prepare your heart for the feels "just sayin" I hope you all have a good day or night whenever you are reading this

Love you all xx

Share
Vote
Comment

The Clumsy Deer