Sometimes, I miss the times when I was just a teen. Although my mother was a pain and wanted me to take Medicine, someone was always part of my youthful memories.

Him, of course.

But I didn't expect any of this to come.

-

"Today is the court dispute between the client who filed a lawsuit against SAN company. The client claims to have had a family member die in in SAN's workspaces, but SAN denies any accusations of the matter, stating that the client died solely because of a heart disease recorded in his health records," I thought as I looked at the mirror.

"Ms. Kang, my family is not well-off. And that man who died in SAN is my husband. He is the only person who supports the family and he works as a staff in their laboratory. The only thing I can do is hire a rookie such as you to deal with the matter. SAN will not compensate anything for my husband's death saying it is accidental. Please, my children don't know what to do without their father, and I don't think our finances can handle this either," the wife pleaded.

"Don't worry ma'am. I'll charge you free and will only settle for a small fee if I do win this dispute. I'll be sure SAN will compensate you," I replied as I took the file.

I had short hair throughout my teen years honestly because of how Japan implements strict rules on students. But now that I'm an adult, I wore decided to tie my hair into a ponytail, wear a red formal suit to the court, and wore glasses.

"Ms. Kang Yuuri... you're the one representing the SAN staff member's side? How entertaining," the head of the law department of SNU said as he approached me, carrying a few documents.

"Mr. Kim, it's great to see you. Yes, this is my first case, it's nice seeing you," Yuuri said and the head gave a small smirk before he looked at her head to toe.

"You took on a case with 1% of winning on right? You're a hopeless cause like how you were ever since you were in SNU, Yuuri," the head said and I tilted my head at him.

"Excuse me?"

"You're against a worldwide shock news about a random staff member getting himself dead because of SAN. In which SAN, a bigger company with a bigger reputaion who will get busted as soon as they spread a false statement is your opponent, do you see what I'm going here?" He said.

"Yuuri, you're gonna lose this case. And to think you're the number one top student in our law department. You're carrying the alma mater, don't you know that? SAN already made a public statement and if you lose, they'll get to you too," He said and Yuuri looked at him silently.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim. But I am an attorney who cares for anyone. Even if they're rich or poor. What's the use of being rich if you can't have a good mindset to care for those around you?" Yuuri replied as she bowed, and the head's eyes widened.

"Why you...! Don't you know how big this is and for them to hire you?! Are they wrong in the head?!" The head yelled and Yuuri still maintained her bowed head.

"Please trust me, Mr. Kim. It's just that you.... don't know what a good attorney is," Yuuri said and the head looked at her in frustration.

"You... you! What kind of attorney are you supposed to be?! You should know if you can win or lose this case!" He said and Yuuri sighed as she fixed her things.

"I'll be the first attorney you'll see win every case then," she said before smiling softly, walking away.

-

"Have you heard? This rookie attorney is going against SAN's top attorney right now. He's been winning every case ever since that."

"Not to mention, he's the same age as her. This'll be interesting because I heard the rookie graduated as a top law student in SNU, and the other is a graduate of Harvard from abroad."

I nervously looked down at my lap as I sat beside my client, and I finally got the courage to look at who my opponent was.

Don't be scared, Yuuri.

I know it's a first time, but still.

Why do I feel an adrenaline in me? Is it nervousness, or the amazement I feel when I'm in the court?

Then, my eyes widened as our eyes met.

Baekhyun?

He avoided my eyes. He looked the other direction as he looked at his client which was Mr. Choi (belated CEO, father of the San Brothers).

I was happy to meet him, even if we were in opposing sides. But he looked like he was unhappy to see me, and I don't know why.

"10:30 A.M. The court is in session for the death of the SAN staff case. The prosecution will first give their opening statement."

------
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or a pig will chase u

Actually I'll be putting some Yuuri content bc i want my readers to feel a connection with our number one lol

I mean like I want ppl to see why she's the number one you know? Like "yeah everyone says shes the number one but WHY is she the number one? And how did she do it?" Kinda content idk im always making sure each character has spotlight :)

So basically you'll also be seeing as to why SAN and Yuuri have beef hehe i dont want u to be confused :D

Another funfact: Namsan is presently  43 years old and despite being afuckingpieceofshithahaha he's actually younger than he looks and takes care of himself all the time hehe.

This is what I imagine him hehw