XXXIX

THIRTY NINE: BRING BACK

PRESENT TIMELINE

SOUJIN POV

"So Jungkook and Jihoon were twins? And Jihoon met most of the members in juvie?" I asked, and Taehyung nodded.

"Though I'm not sure how they met, that's what I was filled in," Taehyung smiled.

"Ah..." a voice said, and Taehyung's eyes widened as he looked over to the bed where Jungkook was sleeping in.

"Soujin, I think Jungkook...," Taehyung trailed off as I immediately stood up and walked over to him.

His fingers were slowly moving. I took the urge to look into him as his eyes were closed.

But there were tear drops falling down to his cheeks.

I slowly caressed his hand as he started to fidget around.

"Jihoon...," Jungkook muttered through sobs as he slept.

"I.... miss Jihoon," Jungkook said as salty tears were starting to flow down more.

"I miss brother so much...," he cried as I looked down at his hand that was now gripping tightly into mine.

Even if Taehyung did tell me not to cross paths with Jihoon...

...it is crucial to actually find him at his point.

THIRD PERSON POV

"San, I told you not to address me as a San anymore. Dad threw me away ever since I was born, it's useless at this point," Yeonjun said.

"But hyung, it's your fault you didn't follow the rules. You were supposed to stay underground, not do a whole glow up and end up as an attorney," San replied and Yeonjun glared at him.

"Leave my past out of this!" Yeonjun gritted out and San grinned.

"I wonder what the people would say if they found out Senior Attorney Choi Yeonsan was sent to juvie in his teen years because he beat a cop up?" San hummed and Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

"You're hearing this....

...right, Ms. Kang Yuuri?"

YEONJUN POV

"Y-Yuuri noona?!" I said as I looked over Yuuri who was brought to a chair, her arms and legs tied up as she had a cloth on her mouth.

"Yuuri? The famous attorney? How sad," San said as he looked over at me.

"Don't tell me this disgrace of a woman is your boss, Yeonjun?" San said and it felt like something snapped in me, it was a feeling of disbelief and disgust at the same time.

"You are the disgrace here, San! You brought my boss into this situation when she has no relation to it at all!" I replied as I glared at him, and San grinned.

"Oh, she's not innocent.... and you call yourself the right-hand man of this woman," San smiled as he looked over to the other figure who just entered.

It was that other guy who came in the law firm days ago, he was the same suspicious guy Yuuri noona didn't like.

"That bacon guy!" My eyes widened as the man walked in the room, looking at Yuuri before smirking.

"Yuuri, you were so easy to catch? Looks like you're stuck?" Baekhyun said and Yuuri glared at her as she tried her best to take the cloth out of her mouth.

"Let go of Yuuri noona! She's not involved and she's just digging through the dirt here!" Yeonjun said and San hummed.

"Are you sure? Not when she knew about the drug even before you guys discovered it?" San said as he crossed his arms.

"Yuuri came into an agreement with the hospital SAN built. An agreement to stay silent about her knowledge through the drug or else the hospital won't treat her bedridden father. She stayed silent until now," San sighed as Baekhyun nodded.

For some reason, I wasn't mad at all. I knew Yuuri noona had her reasons. I trusted her for years to come to that conclusion. Her father was like her hero, she would do anything to get him healthy and out of bed.

"You... you monster! You really did that? Your so disgusting to take someone's desperation and life-death situation for your own benefit! You're sick," I replied as San sighed.

"Yeah yeah sure, tell that to Namsan hyung not me. You can meet him once you do something, which is why I personally brought Yuuri here," San said as he slowly approached me.

"Insert the LIVV drug into Kang Yuuri."

THIRD PERSON POV

"It feels very.... awakening seeing you in this state, Kang Yuuri. I don't know if I should laugh or cry," Baekhyun smirked as he crouched over to Yuuri.

"Baekhyun, get away from me," Yuuri replied as she successfully took the cloth away from her mouth.

"Why? It seems entertaining seeing you in that state," Baekhyun replied and Yuuri looked over at him.

"Don't you get it?! You're being used, Baekhyun! Get that in your head!" Yuuri yelled at him, and Baekhyun grinned.

"Shut that trap, you wench," Baekhyun said and Yuuri looked at the ground.

"Don't you see... that everything is a lie around you? Those promises are all broken, Baekhyun," Yuuri said.

"You're only saying this now because you'll be injected by the drug, by your own right-hand man," Baekhyun stared at her.

Yeonjun was holding the syringe, looking down at it as San crossed his arms at him.

"Go ahead Yeonsan, inject it into your boss," San narrowed his eyes at him.

"No! I'll never betray Yuuri noona! I already gave my oath," Yeonjun said as he looked down at the floor.

"See, Yuuri? It's just that your right-hand man is hardheaded," Baekhyun smirked and Yuuri looked over at him.

"Why are you doing this, Baekhyun?" Yuuri said quietly, and Baekhyun stayed still as he looked at her state.

"Do you want to see me suffer that badly?" Yuuri said as she continued to stare at a blank wall.

"Because if you do want to, just say it to my face damn it!" Yuuri yelled as tears built up in her eyes.

"It's so hard," she cried as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why did you change, Baekhyun?"

"Where did my first love go?"

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or i kick u in the butt

I put Yuuri and Baekhyun action just bc its fun :P

Also, i didnt promise Criminal is gonna be some seggsy smut hot romance book lmao. I wanted my  books to have more meat to it, like thoughts, relationships and crime between characters than just romance alone :).