VOLUME 6 Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down Professor. Are you telling me this was truly a worldwide war?"

The Professor's eyes didn't even flinch, but just stared at the table blankly as words spilled from his mouth.

"And... and then this massive invasion force. The United Asian Alliance, the Middle East Coalition and the South American Federation launched a combined attack into the United States, Spain, Italy and Turkey. That General..."

"General Jackson?"

"His real rank was Colonel. I read his files, to think that slanted eyed little Asian man has an avatar of a strong Nordic Caucasian man... hmph. What a joke, but his force was the one that struck through the defense in Syria. Though I didn't believe in God, I started to pray when I heard his Joint Mechanized Battalion stormed Antalya..."

"Why? What was in that place?"

"What was in it? Oh just Long range anti ship missiles and radars. With it destroyed, the Indian and Chinese Navy steamed through Port Said and into the Mediterranean sea. I could still remember the news anchor looking so defeated as the MEC and UAA forces was seen in Athens."

"And soon, your homeland?"

"Yes, it didn't help that I lived in Catania. It was early in the morning when Cruise missiles struck the city. Destroying NATO radars and Italian military positions. A massive air to air battle then occurred ontop of the city, Russian made jets flown by Asians and European with American jets fell like mosquitoes, landing in hospitals and parking lots."

"By the Gods..."

"I just stood there as I saw the war enter my life. I just wished it was nuclear war, soon after that initial bombardment, the entire city was leveled by them. And then, the Hispanic people came. The South American Federation and its extremely well armed and well trained troops fought alongside them... the Asians and Middle Easterners."

"I have to stop you right there Professor. Just what did the Europeans do that meant such a massive and violent response? Hearing your words meant it wasn't a small part of your world that was so angry."

"I don't know... what did we do that meant such a war. But Japan and South Korea fought back in Asia, with what remained of the Australians. They invaded the Philippines with the remaining American Marines, but they underestimated the Filipinos and their neighbors that came tenfold more angrier. Tokyo was actually wiped out, leveled with Seoul. China didn't hold back one missile."

"Was this the nukes you say?"

"No, just high yield rockets. No nukes were ever fired in the Third World War... though I wished it did. Five years later, the world still hasn't recovered. Though I guess, my world hasn't recovered."

A buzz then shocks the Professor as the door unlocks. A high ranking officer then came in. Not giving an eye to the soldiers guarding the place.

"Professor Ricci, your aircraft has arrived. You'll be with the Vietnamese and Malaysian Guilds as they know the forest far more than us."

"Of course."

"It's been five years. Catania has more than recovered from the war, please come with us. I'll have you greet and talk to the commanders."

"No need, why should I talk to those monsters who are willing to level cities."

"We weren't that innocent professor, you should know it yourself, who majored in history."

Silently, the Professor picked up the mug and the documents spread about the table. With a slouched back, he haphazardly walked to the hallway and to the cold outside.