On the Hunt

Charlie's pov:
With our moving date quickly approaching, Nick and I have to swiftly get everything we need. I know there's going to be a lot of things we forget, but it's nice to feel prepared. Being prepared keeps me calm and helps me feel in control, that's something I really need right now.
The first thing we need is a bed for our room. I've never been bed shopping before but I've heard that there's a lot of options. That kind of scares me but at least I'll have Nick with me.
As we approach the shop, I get a pit in my stomach, but also a hint of excitement, realising that this is the start of our future. This bed could be the one that me and Nick spend the rest of our nights in, the hours cuddling up to each other, enjoying the highs and pitying the lows.

Nicks pov:
I can feel the worry brewing in Charlie as we reach the store. His grip tightening in my hand as we enter. I know he struggles with decisions, and this last month has been full of big decisions. He has done so well so far, and we're almost there. We're so close to having our perfect flat, we just have to get through the last couple of hurdles.
Entering the store, we're overwhelmed with hundreds of beds laid out strategically across the ground. It's hard to differentiate anything in here, but I manage to find a massive bed in the far corner of the store. I pounce on it in amazement. I could swear that it's the biggest bed I've ever seen. Charlie laughs at me, although I know he really wants to do the same. I grab his hand and pull him onto the bed with me. Cuddling into each other we share a giggle. We lay there for a while, with Charlie's head resting on my chest. Taking one another in, just imagining what our future will be like. Waking up to each other every morning, after falling asleep in the other's arms, holding each other tight. My heart aches as I look forward to what's to come.

Charlie's pov:
I'm deep in thought, thinking about our future, when all of a sudden Nick jumps up. Looking me deeply in the eye.
"This isn't going to work" he says sternly.
I get a lump in my throat and a knot in my stomach as I begin to panic "W-what do you mean?".
Nick laughs, then looks at me intensely "Uh it's too big!" he exclaims. "If we get a bed this big, you won't have to cuddle me anymore" he says with a cheeky smile, although I can see he believes some truth in what he's saying. He slowly lowers his voice as he realises where we are. Then his face changes, as if deep within this thought. I shuffle up so that I'm sat up on the bed, Nick follows suit with a sort of pathetic frown on his face.
Then I whisper, "no matter how big our bed is, no matter how much room we have, I will always want to cuddle you. I will do anything to be near you".
He stares at me lovingly, "I love you Mr Spring" he says softly.
I can't help but scoff, "no fucking shit Sherlock" I exclaim, poking his muscly chest with my index finger. Although I soon soften my voice, adding "and I love you Mr Nelson".
We sit staring at each other for a while before I smile and grab Nick's hand. He looks down at our hands holding one another, before realising that I've started running. I spotted the perfect bed. It's a standard double with a sleek, black bed frame. The perfect size to ensure that we will always be close enough. I leap onto it, this time it's me pulling Nick on top of it. We laugh, again cuddled up next to each other. Laying there for a moment, trying to regain our breath.

Nick's pov:
I look down at Charlie, "This is it" I say gently. He stares at me intently with a smile plastered across his face, then excitedly nods his head.
Leaving the store I feel a massive release. I take a deep breath out, unintentionally in unison with Charlie. We look at each other and giggle. I guess we were both holding onto some worries before going in. I know it's just a bed but this is our future, mine and Charlie's. Nothing can be more important to me then that. I just want everything to be perfect for him. He deserves the world, and I want to be the one to give it to him.