the child of the affair

3rd PoV
"Nobody can know.", Stanford growled.

Scarlet nodded slowly, a baby girl asleep in her arms.

Stanford gave the child a concerned look and sighed.

"This was an accident and a mistake. I will get you a new job and I will pay for everything you need, if you don't tell anyone that she's mine. Understood?", the man then growled.

"Yes, Sir.", the young woman agreed. Nobody must know.

~~~

PoV Mason
I was already loved and adored when I entered the classroom in the best College our state had to offer.

My Dad, Stanford Gleeful, got me and my sister in.

However, not to brag, but my twin and I are some kind of celebrities. We do magical tricks and acrobatics in our shows in the tent of telepathy.

Everyone knew us across the world, so I was kinda surprised when the girl I was seated next to asked about my name.

"Mason, Mason, Mason!", the class then cheered.

She looked a bit frightened by that.

I looked her up and down. Something seemed off and I don't just mean the fact that she looked a lot like my sister.

Well, except for her blue hair.

I concentrated on the teacher though, so I wouldn't miss anything important.

Suddenly the girl dropped a pencil. We both reached for it and our hands touched. I froze.

~~~
"Hey, Willow, right?", I asked when I saw her again at lunch. I had asked the teacher for her name.

The girl turned around slowly.

"Yes?", she asked with the voice of an angel.

I pulled her over to an empty table, where we sat down.

"You're quite special, aren't you?", I asked. I felt like a lion, approaching its clueless prey.

I knew everyone was listening though.

"What do you mean?", she asked softly. She knew.

"Your hands. You know it's not normal to have six fingers on each hand, right?", I chuckled.

Suddenly her face changed into one of someone who's been caught.

"You noticed? Oh, my mum said I should hide it well, I'm so sorry!", she stammered.

I blinked in confusion.

"What are you-", but before I could finish asking what she was apologizing for, my newly founded fanclub approached us.

The girl took this chance and made a run for it.

PoV Willow
Oh no, oh no, no no no! Mum would be so disappointed! She always asked me to hide my extra fingers, so I wouldn't get bullied.

Would I get bullied now?

"Wait!", someone called after me and soon my shoulder was being grabbed.

I didn't turn around, I had to hide my tears.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you. You know, my father has six fingers on each hand too. Oh, and I have a weird birthmark! There's nothing to be ashamed of.", I heard a boy say.

Now I turned around and faced him. Mason.

He lifted his hair to show me the mark with a soft smile. I forced a smile too.