scars part 1 (MaWill, humanAU)

Tw: mention of past self harm, suicide and depression

PoV Mabel
I looked into the mirror again, but still didn't see anything I liked. I looked so ugly with those almost purple scars on my left arm.

A knock on the door made me flinch.

"Mabel? You coming?", my brother called from outside.

I sighed and picked up a fresh sweater that I put on, even though it was summer.

"Coming!", I replied quickly.

We were meeting up with the gang again. Honestly, my social battery was almost empty already, but I couldn't say no to them.

When we reached the lake the gang was already there and greeted us happily.

I scratched my arm anxiously, but smiled.

When they were getting to loud I went to take a walk around the lake.

Suddenly, while I was dreaming away, I bumped into someone. The person screeched and spun around, then blushed.

"I'm so sorry!", we apologized at the same time. The person in front of me was a tall boy with baby blue hair and eyes. He was wearing a sloppy jacket.

He helped me to my feet immediately.

"Sorry again...", I said quietly.

He reached for his arm and squeezed it.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm always in the way.", he said just as quiet.

"Sorry", I said again.

Then I asked:"who are you? I haven't seen you around, like, ever! And I have lived here since I was thirteen."

"Oh, my brothers and I just moved here. I'm William.", he said and I did notice how he squeezed his arm again.

"There's no need to be so anxious, I won't harm you...", I sighed, rubbing my arm too.

"Me neither.", William, Will, replied.

We stood in silence for a bit, until I heard Dipper call for me.

~~~
PoV Will
"Where have you been?", Till asked worriedly and hugged me carefully.

"Walk at the lake.", I answered.

"Why didn't you tell us? We were worried sick!", Chill called from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, I forgot.", I lied. I didn't. If I would've told my older brothers I was leaving they would've wanted to come with me because they would've been scared of me doing something stupid.

They always were since the...incident.

Till wiped my long hair out of my face and smiled softly.

"It's alright. Bill is watching TV, you wanna join him?", he asked. I nodded.

While we were watching TV my thoughts trailed off to the beautiful girl I had met today. I should've asked for her number! Gosh, damn it!

"Bro?", Bill suddenly broke my train of thoughts.

I made a hm sound, so he started talking:"what are you thinking off? Nothing bad, right?"

I cringed a bit.

"No, just thinking of a girl I met today. She was very beautiful, but I was to scared to talk to her...", I explained. Bill nodded.

"What did she look like?", he then wanted to know.

"She had long, brown hair, very wavy, and she was wearing a sweater. Also, she looked just as scared."

"Oh, wait, that could be Pinetree's sister! You know, the guy I'm seeing?", Bill thought out loud, then showed me a picture of the guy that looked almost exactly like the girl I met.