[26] 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑨𝒕 𝑯𝒊𝒎, 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝑨𝒕 𝑴𝒆.

Start from the beginning

That's all he texted after not texting me for the whole day; plus him not showing up today had me hover over my phone every second of the day waiting for a text. Scoffing, I sometimes forget I am dating him now.

"Hey you guys—."Aliya sat down in front of us smiling at Theo. "Theo babe, are you going to help me pack for tomorrow?"

"Mhm..."

Turning towards Aliya I would have never thought she would get selected to go. "They picked you to go to?"

She looked at me while grabbing Theo's extra juice box gaining him to look at her in disbelief, "Hey?!" She hushed him so she could speak.

"I paid to go, I didn't feel like coming to school tomorrow so I guessed why not go to Manhattan instead! And since kids who are going on the trip aren't attending school tomorrow and a weekend stay at a hotel sounds charming I was happy to take the offer." She smiled while finishing the juice box, placing it back on Theo's tray.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She got up and left to go back to her friend group. I'm going to have to spend the weekend with her?! Though she has been nice to me lately, I don't know how she would act when Theo isn't around.

"Yay, you get to spend the weekend with Aliya, maybe you two will be best friends when the trip is over." Theo tried to lighten up the mood as he knew I was not fond of this situation.

He sighed softly picking up his now empty juice box, "Hey... can you do me a favor and get me another juice box please—." He pressed his hands together as his lips pouted out. He is really trying his hardest not to get up.

"Fine, but only if you give me money for the vending machine." Sliding my hand towards him on the table I opened it waiting for him to place a dollar in it.

He rolled his eyes while groaning, "I only have a five-dollar bill though..." He reached into his pocket taking out a bill only for him to rethink his life decisions.

As he was in his thoughts, I plucked it out of his hand hastily getting up from the bench so he wouldn't grab me.

"Talia!" He tried to reach out for me only for me to move out the way.

"Thank you for the lunch money."

Running away from him. I slowed down as I got to the front of the cafeteria, walking up to a freezer, almost all the juices were taken quickly catching sight of where it all went. Everyone had at least three or more of their own, some even mixing it in with their food or seeing who could finish the fastest.

"Disgusting..."

Picking one up, I was about to leave only to hear my name called out.

"Talia! Hey!"

Turning around, Issac rose from his seat while struggling trying to get out of the bench as one of his legs was stuck. Once he finally got it unstuck, he shuffled over to me while flattening his pants.

"Hey." Grinning towards him he smiled back.

I noticed that he was wearing his Harry potter glasses today, he promptly shoved his hair back as some fell in his face.

"Yeah, I just saw you. I didn't know you had lunch this period?" He peeked down at the five-dollar bill in my hand.

"Are you going to the vending machine? I'll come with you if you don't mind." He shoved his hands into his pocket as he waited for a response.