[27] 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝑻𝒐 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒐 𝑪𝒓𝒚.

|Talia|

|Talia|

Stuffing the last bit of clothing inside my tiny pink suitcase. I went over everything if I packed all my belongings.

"Oh, my sneakers." Running over to my shoe rack, I grabbed my Adidas only to glance at myself in my standing mirror, examining my outfit, I wore cute green cargo pants and a white tank top.

Although it was cold outside I wanted to look cute, plus I have no winter clothing other than a fuzzy sweater and sweatpants which I didn't want to wear. Once I finished eyeing myself in the mirror, I got sick of staring at my face having me walk back to my suitcase and stuff in my sneakers.

After I finally succeeded in putting everything in my bag, I carried it downstairs while Daniel waited for me. He sat on the couch as he played some type of game on his phone.

Placing my bag down on the floor, I walked into the kitchen fixing myself a quick snack that consisted of a slice of bread with leftover baked chicken on top, "Where is mom!" Yelling over to Daniel from the kitchen, he didn't respond leaving me to walk back into the living room.

"Daniel?"

"Yeah— she left for work early. Oh, and she told me to tell you that she left money on the counter." He sounded distracted from his game as he spoke, not even taking the time to look over at me.

"Shit!" He yelled down at his phone before groaning.

Turning back around into the kitchen, I somehow overlooked the cash laying on the counter. Picking it up, I counted it to be eighty dollars. This was a little too much for a weekend trip, but I guess it is Manhattan we are going to, so I'll spend every last dollar.

Placing it in my pocket I walked back into the living room taking my last bite of white bread and baked chicken.

"I'm ready to go now."

Daniel rose from the couch taking a quick stretch burping afterward, my face grimaced as he noticed.

"What, you do it too."

"Yeah, but that was way too loud."

"So you want me to fart instead?" He smirked while placing his phone in his pocket.

"Ew, no don't." Pulling up the handle of my suitcase, I ran out just in case he planned on stinking the whole house.

•••

Because of the weather, the sky was still dark although it was almost 8 am. Usually, when it's like this, it would snow later in the day or the next.

As all the kids who were going on the trip waited in the cafeteria, I sat close to Aliya and her friends. And though I didn't care to be next to her, I also didn't want to feel by myself.

Going on my phone, someone came up to the table having me look up. Isaac stood in front of me while grinning.

"Is this seat taken?"