SEVENTEEN

JOYCE inhaled at Maeve's words.

"So, she uses these manifestations like the scarecrow to inspire the author and protect them until their vision is realized."

Dean looked down at his brother. "Then what?"

Sam was hesitant as he spoke. "Then she eats the author."

They immediately looked to Marie as she panicked. "Okay, that's bad. Well. . . You get your wish. Let's cancel the show."

"That's what your teacher and classmate did." Sam reminded her. "They tried to shut you down and the scarecrow took them— protected you and the show."

"Okay, so, the scarecrow is a Boogeyman. We got to take our shot with this uh. . ."

"Calliope."
"Calliope. But she won't show herself until. . ." He pointed to Marie. "Your vision is realized."

Marie looked at Sam. "So, what are you saying?"

Dean looked at her. "The show must go on."

"G—Give me a—"

Marie ran out of the library, and they all hurried behind her as she panicked. She walked towards one of the rooms, hurrying inside. As she stumbled through the dimly lit room, she grabbed a paper back before hyperventilating into it.

Joyce crossed her arms over her chest as she looked up at Sam.

"All right, Dean, why don't you guys rally Marie? Joyce and I will get some wooden stakes from the car and start the blessing."

Joyce noticed the cold stare Dean was giving to his brother. As Sam walked out, Joyce followed and turned back before sticking her tongue out at the oldest Winchester.

"You doing okay?" Sam asked as they walked through the school.

"I'm fine. Are you?"

Sam chuckled. "Yeah, I'm great, defeating the goddess of Poetry has always been on my bucket list."

She bumped his arm with her own. "You're a terrible liar."

The auditorium was filling faster than anyone expected. Joyce stood on the side of the stage and watched as more and more bodies entered the room, finding their seats to watch the play. She held two stakes in her hands beneath her sleeves, staring at the crowd.

Sam walked towards them as Marie adjusted each member's costumes. He secretively passed a stake to Dean.

"Wait a second, where's Chuck?"
"Oh, I love him, I do, but honestly, the whole "author inserting themselves into the narrative" thing, is just not my favorite. I kind of hate the Meta stories."

"Me too." Sam and Dean said simultaneously. Joyce looked up at them, smirking as they glanced at each other.

"All right, listen up, girls. Now, I know you're all here because you love "Supernatural"—"
"Actually, I was hoping we'd do Wicked." A girl said.

"Yeah, that'd have been easier." Dean told Marie. "Uh. . . I know I have expressed some differences of opinion regarding this particular version of "Supernatural", but tonight, it is all about Marie's vision. This is Marie's "Supernatural". So I want you to get out there and I want you to stand as close as she wants you to, and I want you to put as much sub into that text as you possibly can. There is no other road, no other way. No day, but today."

Joyce leaned towards Sam. "Are we gonna let him have his moment, or do we stop him?"

"Depends on how long it lasts."