FIVE

| |

"NOPE."

Joyce gasped as the man smacked her roughly, causing her head to snap to the side. Her leg fell downward, causing her to lose her grasp on the lace.

"I said don't touch her!" Sam raised his voice, glaring angrily at the man. He walked towards Joyce, gripping her jaw.

"You're a feisty one, that's for sure." He said to her. He reached down and tied her free leg again. Joyce's cheek stung as she stared up at him with bitterness.

"What did my brother do to you?" Sam asked him as Joyce licked the blood away from her busted lip.

"Because Dean Winchester murdered my father. That's why he's going to die."

Sam blinked a few times as he stared at the man who had his back to him. "I'm sorry."

The man turned around to look at him. "I'm not looking for your sympathy, Sammy. I'm looking for your brother. So why don't you tell me where Dean-O is, and I'll let you go."

"That's not gonna happen." Sam told him.

"Really? Now, you know your brother gave me the green light to put one between your eyes, right?"

Sam inhaled, shaking his head. "Dean. . . Dean isn't Dean right now. Now, look, I don't know who you are—"

"Name's Cole." He replied. "Listen, Sam. Every night, since I was thirteen years old— every night, I close my eyes, and all I can see is your brother and all that blood. And my daddy. Now, I know Dean's family and all, but he gave you up. And you have no reason to protect him; none. So help me. Please."

Joyce sat there defeatedly.

"Look, I'm sorry about your dad. Whatever happened, Dean had a reason. I don't know how to tell you this, there are monsters out there—"

"You don't think I know that?" Cole scoffed. "I did two tours in Iraq. Special Ops, Darfur, The Congo. I've seen suicide bombers and child soldiers so hopped up on speed that they could barely talk!"

Joyce tried to sign, causing Cole to look towards her.

"What is she saying?"

Sam watched her. "She's saying that those aren't the only monsters out there."

"Don't tell me about monsters!" Cole shouted. "Cause I've met my share."

"I mean vampires! All right? Werewolves, monster monsters. Look in the bag. Go on. Take a look. It's right there."

Joyce watched as he neared Sam's hunting bag. Cole grabbed the flask, scoffing. "Yeah, I guess even psychos need to hydrate."

"It's holy water." Sam said.
"Holy cow."

Joyce shook her head as he dropped the flask onto the table.

"We're not psychos. And I'm not lying."
"See, that's exactly what a psycho liar would say. See my dilemma?"

Cole pulled a pair of workman gloves from his bag and began pulling them on. "I guess we are just gonna have to do this the other way."

Joyce watched a wicked grin cross his face as he walked towards Sam. She began to panic, but Sam remained still.

"Joyce, calm down. He's just—"

The woman gasped as he punched Sam. Grunting, his head fell forward as Cole gritted his teeth.

"Where's Dean, Sam? Where is he?"

Every punch, followed by a crunch, caused Joyce to whistle loudly. She tried everything to gain Cole's attention.