Chapter 10- New Years Day

Start from the beginning

The three of you get ready to go making sure Dodger was all set before leaving. Scott follows you and Chris in the rental.

You could tell Chris has getting nervous while driving. His leg was slightly bouncing and he kept itching the back of his neck.

"Ummm.... Y/N..... can I ask you something?"
"Sure"
"Well... I've really enjoyed getting to know you... could I... possibly... if your willing.... Have your number? ... I would really like to stay in contact with you.... I mean we have shared a lot..." Chris winks at you.

Your eyes go wide as you answer him, "Sure... that would be really... nice." You gave him a reassuring smile as he told you his number. You sent him a text with yours. You put him in your phone as Coffee Spiller.

Chris took a deep breath and the two of you continued talking while making your way to the rental place. You then picked up Scott and went to breakfast.

The three of order breakfast and continued talking.
"So... I don't think this has come up yet... how old are you?"
"I'll be 30 in a few days"
Scott gasped " No way, girl, I woulda thought you were a lot younger than that!"
"Thanks! Scott! You know what...I like you!" You both laugh.

"Your birthday is coming up?" You could see wheels turning in Chris's eyes.  You just glared at him.
"So I know a good coffee shop. Wanna go?" Chris smirks at you.
"As long as I don't wear it!" You all laugh.

The three get in the car and drive over to the shop. Chris and Scott decided to go and get the coffees leaving you talking to yourself.
"Whew... ok... I need to breath... this is actually happening to me... I'm actually here...Spending time with Chris. There is something about him. I can't put my finger on it....just breath girl you got this!"

Chris and Scott came back to the car with coffees in hand.
"Here's yours and.... I got PLENTY of napkins" Chris said laughing. "Is everything ok? You look like your were talking to someone?"

"Yay... I'm fine... just talking to myself... sometimes it's the only intelligent conversation I have all day!" The three of you laugh as Chris pulls away.

Chris drives around his hometown pointing different things to you. It was then decided to head towards Boston to show you some different historical sights.

It was heading into the afternoon when Chris spoke up. " If you don't mind, Ma wanted to see you again before you leave. Mind if we go over there? I also need to get Dodger, ma picked him up" You nod with approval.

You get to Chris's moms and Chris once again picks you up out of the car. You didn't say anything but just looked into his eyes and smiled. He looked down at you and kissed  your forehead while walking in.

Chris had a tight grip  on you  as he enters the front door.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
You slightly shiver in Chris's arm at the surprise.

"We wanted to give you as small birthday party before you leave!"
"A friend of Chris's is friend of ours!"
"Wow! I don't know what to say.... Thank y'all so much! This is just.... so very nice of everyone!"

Chris sits you down on a chair while a plate of food was brought to you. Everyone ate then a cake was brought out and then everyone sang to you. A few small gifts where given as well.

Chris was the last one to give you a gift,
"So in the coffee shop they had this." He hands you a small box. You opened it to find a necklace with a gold coffee charm on it.

"This is the best!"
"It's to remind you of your time here." Chris grinned.
"Don't think I'll ever forget it," You look at Chris who had red tint to his checks. You continue speaking.
"Thank you everyone for everything! You all didn't have to do this! You hardly know me."
"Oh dear, you just fit in with us... you a very special lady!" Lisa said while hugging you.

It wasn't before long that it was decided to leave to help you rest a bit before heading home the next day. The three of get in the car and make a bit of chit chat on your way back.

You turned to Chris as pulls into the garage and lay your hand on his resting one. "Thank you so much... for everything... you went out of your way to help me when you didn't need to. You are in every way....a gentleman..." you look up to see Chris smiling.

"Something told me not to leave you there... I wanted to help you... I'm glad I did.
Scott starts getting out of the door
"Im leaving, this is getting to mushy for me!" He was out of the car but stuck his head back in. "Just kiss her!" He shuts the door taking Dodger into the house.

Chris looks back at you, "Can I?" You nod and he leans in to close the gap between the two of you.

This kiss was different than last night. This one hand passion in it. His hands cup the back of your head to push you forward. Your hands go around his neck to help deepen the kiss. You could feel his tongue asking for permission to enter your mouth and you let him.  As the kiss deepen, you felt your body go limp.

After what seemed like forever, Chris pulled back breathing heavily. " That was....wow... I think I saw stars!" He rests his head on yours smiling while stroking the side of your face.
"We should probably go in before Scott turns Dodger on us!" You both laugh and Chris comes to your side to get you out.

Scott was at the table with his head in his hands looking at you two dreamily "sooo how was it?"
"GAWD! Scott! Man get a life!" Chris takes you into the living room and puts you on the couch. You asked him to bring you some water and ice.

"So it's pretty early...wanna watch a movie"
"Sure... you put your favorite moive in this time!"
Chris smiles like a little boy who just got a new puppy. Chris decided on Toy Story. He comes and sits next to you with Dodger resting his head on your lap.

You snuggle up to Chris and his hand comes behind your back and rests on your hip. You look up at Chris who looks at you with a grin as you rest your head on his chest and started thinking
How can this be happening to me.... There is something here between us.... I can't explain it...

When the movie ends, it was decided to watch the rest of the Toy Story movies. At one point ice cream was brought out along with popcorn. In the middle of the last movie Scott gets up and goes to bed.

It was getting pretty late. "I probably should go to bed too... I need my beauty sleep!" You say yawning.

Chris looks down at you "You are already beautiful...." Chris shifts to look at you.
"Before we say goodnight we need to talk"

Your heart starts to beat faster. Oh no! What could this be...

"Y/N," Chris's leg starts to shake. "I've really enjoyed getting to know.... There is something about you that's.... Different... I feel" he rubs his hands through his hair, "a pull to you... I can't explain it" he starts to lean towards you.

Your eyes go wide at his words and you gently put a hand on his chest, taking a deep breath.
"I know what you mean, there is something here..something I have truly never felt with anyone"

"I know we really don't know each other very well," he takes your hands in his, "But I would like to see where this," pointing between you, "goes... I won't push you into anything you don't want. I know what you said about relationships and I respect that."

Whew... this man... you are internally fanning yourself.

"You have treated me like a normal guy... that is a rarity to find for me."

You gave a slight chuckle, "you have no idea how hard it's been to stay calm around you!" You quickly cover your mouth as Chris's body vibrates from laughing.
"Oh my! Did that just come out!" You faceplam your head.

Chris laughs and hugs you tightly. You wiggle out slightly and look up reaching your hand to his face.
"I would love to see where this goes... you are truly one of a kind." You pull his head down for a sweet kiss.