Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods

Începe de la început

Clay Jensen: So does everyone think I'm, like, crazy now?

Ani Achola: Everyone thinks you're fine. I'm gonna talk to Alex, all right? Things have been getting way more serious since you've been gone. He's spending every minute with Winston.

Hannah Baker: That's because they're dating now.

Got to say, that surprised me. After spending the past 2 years trying to win Jessica back, which he did but then they broke up again, I was surprised that he's dating guys now. I accept Alex for who he is no matter what.

Hannah Baker: And by the way, they look cute together.

Clay Jensen: Right.

Clay just walks away as he passes by Alex & Tyler as they look at Clay. They're worried as much about Clay than me. Tony, Jessica, Justin, all of us. Not so much for Zach who we're also worried about. I've even talked about what happened at the Love Is Love dance to Dr. Ellman and explained everything that Diego did to Clay. I never got a chance to talk to Clay about the whole whether he thought he loved me or not. He was not only suspended from school for 2 weeks, but he was also grounded as Justin told me. As for Justin & Jessica... well, Jess is dating Diego now. Why would she be with Diego after all the bullshit he & the jocks pulled with her, H.O., & Clay? As for Tyler, me & Tony haven't asked him about it. At least I haven't. I don't know if Tony talked with Tyler without me or not. But why did Alex's dad picked him up? It was suspicious. Now I'm beginning to wonder what really happened on Christmas Eve when he was called in to the police station. I'm also excited for the camping trip. Spending some time in the wilderness is exactly what we need after the 2 years we've all had.

Later that night, Jessica had just returned from a date with Diego as Ani has a chat with her.

Ani Achola: Out with Diego again?

Jessica Davis: (Huffs) Maybe. So?

Ani Achola: Are you really sure that's a good idea?

Jessica Davis: (Sighs) Sorry, are you here to shame me?

Ani Achola: Diego thinks Monty was framed.

Jessica Davis: Or maybe he just likes me. Do you really want to tell me who I should or shouldn't be sleeping with? Like... (Chuckles) ...who's not a good idea? Are we actually gonna talk about that?

Ani Achola: Jess. Diego destroyed Clay.

Jessica Davis: Bryce raped me & Hannah. And you slept with him.

Ani Achola: Jess...

Jessica Davis: I know what I'm doing with Diego.

Ani Achola: (Sighs) Are you sure?

Jessica Davis: Better than you do. Diego messed with Clay, and you let that happen. You 2 were supposed to handle shit, and it is not at all handled. Hannah would've never let that happened.

Ani Achola: There's something else. Um... My mum had a fall at work today.

Jessica Davis: Oh, shit.

Ani Achola: She's in hospital, and she needs me to come home and help out for a bit, which means I'm gonna have to miss the camping trip.

Jessica Davis: Of course. Go. Me & Hannah will take care of Diego and Clay. Is there anything I need to know about... anything?

Ani Achola: No. Nothing new.

Jessica Davis: OK.

Both Ani's & Jessica's phone pings as they both check it out.