Chapter 4: The Malevolence

Start from the beginning

"We've got another sort of company!" CP3O said as droids appeared behind us. I pulled out my lightsaber to deflect the bullets, while Padme hit the droids with her blaster.

"Jump!" Padme said, and we jumped onto the train. I tumbled onto one of the train freights, and Padme pushed CP3O behind me before she also jumped too.

"Senator Amidala! CP3O!" I shouted as we fell onto separate cargo freights. Within moments I saw that the train rails in front of me were destroyed, so I quickly jumped off the freight and tumbled in front of a door. The door opened to reveal a control room and I cautiously stepped inside. How odd... it's empty. I spoke too soon as droids suddenly appeared in front of me. Ahh I should have know it wouldn't be this easy. I slowly backed away in the other direction only for more droids to appear behind me. With no other alternative but to fight, I activated my lightsaber and got into a defensive position.

*********

Obi-Wan POV

"I've rescued the senator, but I've lost sight of CP3O and the other girl." Anakin said.

"I'll find them." I reassured Anakin. I ran across the train to see the droid. I tried to lift the droid with the force, but the droid got stuck to another train in the process. On my right side, I saw a female Padawan about Ahsoka's age. Before I could react, she disappeared into the control room. I jumped off my cargo freight and ran inside to see her surrounded by droids.

*********

Cara POV

I gasped when the doors opened behind me and a man I recognized as Obi-Wan rushed in.

"You must be Cara Kelen. Listen, we've got to get out of here." Obi-Wan said. 

"I know but - " I said before we heard a clanking noise as Grievous approached us.

"Hello there. General Kenobi, did you really think I would leave the hyperdrive unguarded?" Grievous asked. "And it seems you have brought more pesky Jedi." Grievous looked at me.

"How rude." I pouted. "If anything is pesky it's your droids."

"You haven't exactly impressed me today, Grievous." Obi-Wan said.

"Kill them!" Grievous ordered. I followed Obi-Wan as he pushed the droids back with the Force. I deflected the blasters from the droids behind us. I can't let anything hit Grogu! He was still in my knapsack.

"Where are we going?" I asked Obi-Wan.

"You'd best come on the ship with us." Obi-Wan said as we continued running, with Grievous hot on our tails.

"But shouldn't we destroy the hyperdrive first?" I asked him. "Grievous mentioned something about a hyperdrive."

"Don't worry, Anakin will take care of it." Obi-Wan said.

"Thanks for saving me." I said as we ran through the corridors of the enemy ship.

Obi-Wan nodded. "We aren't in the clear yet, we need to get off this ship first."

************

"Hold the ship!" Obi-Wan said and we jumped into the ship where Anakin was waiting for us.

"I'll contact the fleet." Anakin said. "R2, release the docking clamp." R2 chirped.

"Time for some clever tricks, Anakin!" Obi-Wan said as enemy ships pursued us.

"That's what I was thinking." Anakin replied from the cockpit.

"We have to destroy the ships!" I shouted as the ship turned sharply.

"You're Cara Kelen right? There are guns on this ship that you can use to take down the enemy ships!" Anakin replied as he maneuvered the ship away from enemy fire.

"I was about to say that." Obi-Wan seconded.

"You need to pull this down and aim." Padme showed me the controls and we manned the guns. In a way, it reminded me of a space-themed video game. I used the Force to figure the right timing to hit the ships, and soon, we got rid of the enemy ships.

"Master, the kid's got spunk." Anakin smirked.

"Right back at you." I grinned at Anakin.

"Oh dear." Obi-Wan sighed. "If she's anything like you, Anakin..."

************

"What's going to happen to me?" I asked nervously, after I boarded a Jedi cruiser where Master Plo Koon and Ahsoka were waiting, and we exchanged introductions. Will I train under a new master? I'm not sure I'm ready to after losing Master Yael.

"It depends on what the Jedi Council says." Plo Koon told me.

"We'll explain your situation to them." Anakin reassured me.

"Afterall, Master Yael told you to find Master Yoda right?" Obi-Wan said.

Just then, I felt Grogu stir in my knapsack. "Grogu? You slept through the whole thing?" I asked in disbelief as Grogu poked his head out from my knapsack.

"That's Grogu?" Ahsoka asked. "He's so adorable!" she gushed. "May I pet him?"

"What do you say, Grogu?" I asked. Grogu gurgled, so I took as a yes. Ahsoka immediately went to pet Grogu.

"He seems hungry." Ahsoka noticed. "Let's get Grogu some food." she suggested. That seemed like a good idea so I immediately agreed.

"It seems like they are getting along well." Obi-Wan said to Anakin as Ahsoka and I left the bridge.

"I'm glad Ahsoka found a friend in Cara. But...I just can't get over the fact that Grogu is the same species as Master Yoda." Anakin noted.

"He's also force sensitive." Plo Koon said thoughtfully.

***********

"So... what's Grogu's favorite food?" Ahsoka asked as we went to the mess hall. "Maybe we could feed him some soup?" she suggested after looking at the food available at the mess hall.

"I don't really have much experience taking care of infants, " I admitted "but soup should be fine." I told her. "Believe it or not though, Grogu would prefer to eat frogs. That's actually his favorite food."

"Frogs? Ewww!" Ahsoka made a disgusted face. "I hope that's not Master Yoda's favorite food also."

"No, I think it's just Grogu." I laughed.