"Do you have a plan?" James asked the duke. As they entered the estate, all the maids greeted the duke and James.

"Prepare a room for James, and prepare the training grounds." The duke commanded. The duke turned towards James and looked him in the eyes deadly.

"We need to teach her all the defenses that she needs so she can protect herself, we have to put our soul on this matter." James just listened nodding his head.

"Then we need my sister to help too." James said as he grinned.

"Wait, you mean HER, but she is busy with her children, right?" The duke asked, but James shrugged.

"If I would say your name, she would come with the children." He began laughing, the duke thought for a second then there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." The duke commanded; James just grinned at the thought of the duke being already high in status.

"Hello father, mister, I have to speak to you with some matter." Eleanor said as soon as she entered.

"What does concern you, Lea?" The duke answered, she held the posture of a knight, she was about to talk and the duke didn't let her talk.

"Sit down Lea, you're not here for the duty." Eleanor nodded and sat next to James.

"So, there was a letter from the imperial palace, they will hold a ball, so we were invited on the last minute. But before thinking of anything I thought about a plan." The duke looked Eleanor confused.

"A plan? A about what?" The duke asked, James as well straightened his posture and leaned towards the table.

"Well, we were talking about the imperial dogs earlier, so I thought that what if they know that I'm still alive and they are watching me closely, so we go in there like we don't know anything, but we secretly keep an eye on them" She looked towards the duke with serious eyes.

"Continue." He said interested.

"Then I will go outside for fresh air, they might follow me behind so I take one or two of them out, then I will come inside and look for James and tell him to get rid of them, so I go and search any clue that there were them that tried to kill my mother, take them and return." She said as she leaned into the couch.

The duke just stood there analyzing everything she just said. James was amazed by the plan that she just made.

"It's a good plan, I won't lie, but are there any odds?" The duke asked leaning towards the table resting his elbows on the table.

"Odds you say, well there are two odds, the firs one is that the prince will be there, but the second one is that, the general will be there." The duke widened his eyes.

"The prince you say?" The duke asked as he looked over at James and smiled.

"Don't give me that creepy smile." James said as he shivered.

"Why not? You know what's about to happen." James stood there, after some minutes he beamed from happiness.

"Hohoho, finally, so we are not going to the gramps." He said laughing.

"No idiot, we are going to grandfather." The duke sighed rubbing his eyes.

Eleanor busted out laughing, James just stood there confused.

"No mister, we are going to grandfather, but what father meant was that it was time to get more serious than before." Eleanor was holding her stomach from the laughing she did.

"At least she understood, but either way we need to be ready for the worst-case scenario." The duke said as he got up and called for Maddie.

"Yes sir, did you call for me?" The maid said as she bowed her head.

"Yes, I did, call the best seamstress and a seamster." The duke commanded and she bowed leaving.

"Father, what if I propose one more plan?" Eleanor said as she stood on her feet.

"Yes, of course you can." The duke said turning towards her.

"What if-" She stopped midway.

"What's the matter?" The duke asked approaching her.

She stood there without moving until the duke shook her, she came to her senses soon after.

"Are you okay?" The duke asked her with concern in his face.

"Ah yes, sorry about that, I thought someone was at the front door in the yard." The duke widened his eyes and went to the window looking, there indeed was someone trying to sneak inside.

"Well done, Lea, I don't know how you are so good at noticing these things." The duke said as he took the sword and put it on his torso, opened the door of the office and went outside straight to the front door.

"Noticing what?" James asked confused as Eleanor went to the window.

"Footsteps mister, if I concentrate, I can hear them about to a mile away." James stood there shocked.

Im so sorry for the delay, work has been pretty busy lately!