20: JOYRIDE!!!

You and him sat on the back porch steps, looking up at the setting sun. Katsuki had bought three bottles of scotch, two bottles of pure vodka, a bottle of red wine, and last but never least according to the boy, bourbon. 

You had sampled the alcohol by lightly sipping it. You had tried red wine first, and it was actually pretty good- it was sweet but had a bit of bitterness too to balance it. It was indescribable, but it had a good taste as well. 

And there you sat on the wooden white frame steps with him, drinking from a glass of red wine. Because of his superior size, his upper arm brushed your shoulder. 

He was drinking a bottle of bourbon, and only seemed mildly drunk. The effects of the wine were hitting you right about now, making you intoxicated. 

"Hey, Bakugo?"
"What?"

"I feel like we're going too fast. I mean, we're only three weeks into the school year! Yet we've already had sex twice. So much has happened, Katsuki. So I want to take things slow. Because I don't even know if I love you, yet I've given up my virginity to you and kissed you what feels like a hundred times. I trust you, a lot, but I don't know if I love you."

He paused, staring off into the distance at the multicolored sky and feeling everything-- the trees, the air, the water, the light, the warmth, the affection.

And he found his hand, his big rough calloused hand, and placed it on top of yours, tightly interlocking all of the fingers. 

"I understand," he heard himself saying. "Because I feel the same way too. The exact same way."

He wasn't his usual self. He was drunk, and speaking his true thoughts and emotions, something his sober counterpart would never even consider doing. He rested his head on top of yours, feeling your sensual heat and light and love. He bought the hand holding yours to his face, and turned it over so your palm was facing him, and kissed your fingers. He had never ever been in a romantic or sexual relationship, and you were the first. And the last. If something tore you two apart, he would never venture out to find another love. Never.

"Let's swim in the pool," he found himself, again, speaking. You nodded, a smile lighting your pretty, adorable face as you grasped his hand and pulled him up the steps into the back door. 

*****

"AHH!! KATSUKIII!!!" 

You screamed as he flung you into the pool, water splashing onto the sides of the pool and dousing you. You managed to keep yourself afloat and doggy-paddle to him before clutching his shoulders and wrapping your legs round his waist, before hitting him quite hard on his back. 

"You jerk! I'm not good at swimming!!" 

"Time to teach ya-- I learned how to swim by this exact same method!" He exclaimed excitedly. "When I was eight, my mom told me to sink or swim and threw me into the deep end! Trust me, you'll learn loads out of this!"

Jeez, you thought. I thought I was a little drunk, but look at him! He's acting like a little kid about to unwrap his presents! Man, that bourbon really is getting to his head.

He untangled your legs from around his waist as he stepped back onto the land. He carried you, thrashing and shrieking, towards the deep end. Which was 6'5 feet. 

"Katsuki!!! Nooo!!"

"Lemme give you some tips," he told you. " Move your arms like you are clutching the water in front of you, pulling it towards you, and then dragging it to the sides of your body. Repeat. Then you should paddle your feet. No goggles, because that's pussy. If you don't like the water splashing in your eyes, just close them and swim."

He proceeded to throw you in the deep end.

You screamed as you felt the water hitting you. You sank to the bottom, eyes wide open in panic as you screamed, but only bubbles came out. Water filled your lungs, so you zipped your lips and in an attempt to preserve and save yourself, you began to do what he'd told you to--you paddled your feet, grabbing at the water around you and pulling it to your sides as you swam upwards. After about seven or eight seconds, you managed to break the surface of the water. You doggy-paddled to the steps and began to mount them, walking up them until you were on the edge of the pool, shivering violently, teeth chattering, hugging yourself as you glared at Katsuki. 

"You jerk!" You snapped at him. Storming into the house to change into your clean, fresh, DRY pajamas, you heard his wild laughter and felt even more rage. 

*****

3rd person POV

Fifteen minutes later Katsuki came into the kitchen in a tank top and cotton boxer shorts. He sat down on the bar stool beside F/n L/n, putting his arm round her shoulders and pulling her into his chest. She shoved him away, moving out of his arms before placing her elbow on the table and cradling her chin in the palm of her hand, her angry, hooded eyes piercing the coffee maker. 

"I'm sorry," he told her with drunk sincerity. 

She suddenly found herself laughing, removing her elbow from the table and turning to look at him. She smiled. "It's fine now that I think about it. I was just being a bit irrational. Now let's go look up at the stars. Shall we?" She grabbed a bottle of bourbon as they went out to the back patio again.

She pulled up two plastic lawn chairs to the top of the short wooden staircase that led to the back yard and the pool, and sat in one. He sat in the other. She uncapped the bourbon and took a generous swig before passing it to Katsuki. The night was refreshingly cool and crisp, the air fresh.  

He reached across the short space that separated them and took her hand in his, coursing his thumb across the back of her knuckles. She smiled at him, leaning back in her chair and pulling her phone from her pocket. She played her playlist on shuffle before placing the cell phone on the deck railing, grinning as she looked up at the night skies. The stars and moon shone down on her, casting her and Bakugo's faces in sharp relief. 

"Y/n," he spoke her name as he gazed at the galaxies. He passed the bottle of bourbon to her and she took it, loving its natural taste of vanilla, oak, and caramel. "The Getting By III" played quietly.  

She suddenly clutched at his hand, grabbing it tightly. They both looked at each other at the same time, their eyes connecting. 

"Katsuki."

"Y/n."

They both mutually leaned forwards, pressing their lips together in sync. The blond-haired male placed down the alcohol bottle as he cupped her face with one hand, and she leaned into his palm. The kiss was lingering and different from all the other kisses; it changed from slow and sensual to fast and hot to loving and affectionate and passionate; yes, that was the word for it all right. Affection and passion: They went hand-in-hand. 

It was so right. So beautiful, so amazing

After what seemed like forever but must have been only ten seconds, they parted, looking deeply into the other's eyes. 

A grin suddenly spread out over his face. "Let's go for a joyride." 

I hope you guys really liked this chapter! It was well over 1000 words. I've now just realized that I actually update fairly fast and always update within 2 or 3 days. Not every author does that, especially when they are working on two stories at once... lol thats really really cool!!