5: You're Soaked

The (e/c)-eyed female leaned her head against the car window, raindrops pattering down on the other side of the glass. 

The wind's gonna rise up, baby/And blow my blues away

The young girl sighed, slouching back in her seat. She closed her eyes and put her hands over them, bending at the waist, her forehead against her knees.

"Thinking?"

She sat back up, took her hands from her face, and looked in the rear view mirror, making eye-contact with Shouta.

"Yes? No?" He asked.

"I just wish things would be easier, you know?" Aizawa knew that she was a tough cookie to crack, and would go no further than that. 

He suddenly slowed down and pulled over so quick she was thrown against from the left passenger door to the right one. 

"(Y/n)."

"What?"

He turned back. "What happened? Is it because you lost? It was a very close loss, but it was also a fair one."

"It's not that, Aizawa. Just keep driving, okay?"

He sighed, but knew she would not explain her feelings, at least not to him. He shifted the gear into drive and pulled off the side of the highway. 

"I want you to have another therapy session with Mrs. Sasaki this weekend."

"What the heck?! Why? You know I don't need her, I stopped needing her months ago, that's why I put an end to the sessions."

"Because if you're obviously not going to open up to me, then you should just...how do I put this... open up to other people, at least.''

"Shouta, I don't want to." 

He sighed. "Okay, fine. I was just proposing the idea. I know you must be stressed sitting next to your former enemy."

"HE IS NOT MY FUCKING FORMER ENEMY, SHOUTA! HE WAS MY BEST FRIEND!" 

"Right," He agreed. "Of-fucking-course. Just pay attention to what you said, (Y/n). Was. He was  your best friend. Now he's not."

Tears ran down her cheeks. She furiously wiped them away. "YOU DON'T HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LOSE YOUR BEST FRIEND, AIZAWA!"

"RIGHT!" He yelled back. "OF COURSE I DON'T! MY MOTHER DEFINITELY DIDN'T DIE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER THAN YOU! AND I GUESS IT'S BACK TO AIZAWA NOW THAT WE'RE FIGHTING, HUH?!"

She sniffled and wiped her face. "Let me out, Aizawa. I want to walk home."

He snickered. "You know what? Don't even bother. Stay outside tonight, (Y/n)." He unlocked the doors and waited for her to get the fuck out. 

(---)

Her hands and feet throbbing, a horrible migraine coursing through her skull, rain beating down on her, the wind biting every centimetre of exposed skin it could find its way to. 

Her phone had died during the car ride before everything had gone to shit, and both her and Aizawa had left their chargers home. 

She had no means of contacting anyone. She didn't really know where she was. 

She looked around. She was on the side of a highway, cars racing past her. Other than the knowledge she was on a busy highway, she didn't have the smallest clue where the fuck she was or where she could even go. They had taken a new shortcut her adoptive father had found.

It had been a half hour since she had jumped out of the car and ran. She had been walking all that time. 

Her knees gave out. She fell down onto the asphalt, throwing her hands out to break her fall and screaming in pain as the asphalt scraped her burned palms and inner fingers. The bandages barely even did anything to muffle the agonizing pain. She was just grateful that gravel hadn't gotten trapped under her bandages and cut her burns. 

She sniffled and sat back on her heels, looking up at the grey sky, fat clouds bursting with rain and thunder swimming on the horizon above her bandaged head. 

Maybe it's better this way. We hurt each other with the things we'd want to say.

She stood up unsteadily, climbed over the snow fence, and collapsed onto the grass on the other side. It was dewy and wet and felt good against her throbbing body. 

She didn't roll over, because it made her head hurt even more. Instead she sat up, done with her little refreshing break, climbed over the snow fence once again, dropped down on the rumble strips, and began walking again.

(---)

She was finally off of the highway.

It had taken a while because she had been walking very slowly as to not pain her head even more than it was hurting. 

It was six twenty-five. They had left U.A exactly an hour earlier. She could only tell the time because she had stopped a stranger and asked for it.

She was so tired. She had fallen down twice and almost passed out in the last ten minutes. 

She didn't know where to go. 

She stumbled into an alleyway and sat against the brick wall, closing her eyes.

She didn't realize that she'd fallen asleep already.

(---)

At first she thought it was a dream.

A hand, poking at her face. Then a sharp finger-flick on her cheek. It hurt and she shifted in her sleep to a more comfortable position. 

"Nerd? You awake?" The voice seemed distant and far away. 

"I guess not." Someone picked her up. Someone strangely familiar and comfortable. 

She moved closer to them, nuzzling into their chest. They smelled like they'd emptied a bottle of cologne on themselves. They smelled like caramel and Axe body spray.

"You're soaked," the person said. 

She slowly opened her eyes, wanting to see who would be holding her in her dream. 

Her eyes widened. 

The face of Katsuki Bakugou loomed over her.

This chapter is a bit longer than the last one. Hope you enjoy. Have a great day!