9: Not bad nerd, not bad

You skipped homeroom, instead spending the period in the bathroom with Kaminari, the both of you idly talking and balling up paper towels, wetting them under the faucet, and throwing them at each other.

When you dodged a flurry of paper balls from him, the collar of your leather jacket shifted, revealing the side of your neck.

His eyes widened, mouth dropping open. You threw a paper ball into it and he gagged before spitting it out.

"Y/n," he said. He blushed wildly. "How come you got hickeys on your neck?"

You blushed. "No?"

"Yes." He pointed. "Also, that reminds me... Why were you and Katsuki kissing under the U.A arch."

"He.... Don't focus on him! He just- it was a practical stunt-joke, that's all." 

He laughed and leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms behind his head. "Oh! That makes sense, I guess?" He chuckled at his own cluelessness and then attacked you with more paper balls.

***

3rd person POV

At lunch F/n L/n sat down at an empty table, humming to herself, a pair of Bluetooth headphones around her head. She picked at her Udon, not really very hungry. 

Bakugou slipped onto the bench beside her, laying his bowl of spicy sushi next to hers.

He snatched off her headphones, and she glared at him. "Whaddya listenin' to, dork?"

He slipped the blue headphones around his ears. After several seconds he looked at her, his brows furrowed. 

"Pink Floyd? I didn't peg you for a Pink Floyd girl."

She shrugged your shoulders. "I listen to The Neighborhood, Arctic Monkeys, Doja Cat, Cavetown, Mitski, and Lana Del Ray too. Oh, and some Lady Gaga and The Weeknd." 

"Anything else?" He lifted his brow. "Melanie Martinez, The Killers, and Michael Jackson. Other stuff too, but those are, y'know, the stuff that came to mind fastest."

He cocked his head to the side as he looked at her. "I listen to Arctic Monkeys, The Beatles, and Guns & Roses."

"I have two or three songs from the Beatles and Guns & Roses in my playlist, but other from that I don't know too much about them."

"Huh." He smirked as he observed her. "That's interesting, nerd." 

He began to aggressively chow down big on his spicy sushi. She continued picking at her Udon while watching him listen to her music.

After a minute or two, he put down the headphones and laughed. "Not too bad. It could use some work, but not bad, nerd, not bad."

You smiled and paused your playlist, turning off the headphones and stuffing them into your bag.

"You gonna eat that?" He gestured to your lunch.

You passed it along to him. He began to wolf it down like a pig. He demolished the noodles within two minutes, giving a huge loud belch when he was done and thumping his chest with his fist, raising his chin in the air, a look of pride on his face.

She raised her eyebrows at him, a corner of her mouth lifting as she smirked.

"Your favorite color is F/C," he said matter-of-factly. He smiled, a genuine one that made her heart warm.

"And yours is red," you returned, beaming.

His eyebrows raised as his mouth fell open slightly, eyes half-widened. "You remembered? After all this time!?"

"Of course I did. And your favorite food is anything spicy. You really really like romance horror movies. Because.... Because you find it shocking how two people can love and care for each other so much despite what's happening around them, the need to protect and comfort. You were always... always entranced by that, always intrigued."

He gaped at her for two or three silent seconds. Then he grinned. "I see you, Y/n. You remembered after all this time, didn't you? That's good. At least you cared enough to remember." He tapered off awkwardly; it was the closest either of them had come to her sudden disappearance when she was six years old. 

He scratched the back of his head nervously, tentatively. "Right. Um... are you gonna, like, spend another couple of nights at my place? Orrr?"

"I am, but I need some.... Toiletries and junk if I am."

"Right, right. When are you going back home?"

She sighed heavily. "Sunday or Monday afternoon. There'll be no more.... Y'know.... Postponing and procrastinating after that."

He nodded seriously. "Right, right," he repeated. "If you'll excuse me." He grabbed the two empty dishes and went to put them back.

Afterwards he pulled out a pair of earphones. He inserted them into her cellular phone before smiling softly at her and offering her one of them.

She smiled back, a small, simple, and soft smile just like his own. She took it from his hands, feeling the sting of electricity as their fingers made contact with his own. 

Y/n inhaled sharply, making eye contact with him for several moments before both of them awkwardly averted their eyes at the same time. 

She played her playlist on shuffle, smiling and laying her head on her arms, closing her eyes, and breathing deeply as "I Wanna Be Yours" played.

Not too shabby/crappy. Its actually pretty good. Things might be going fast, but trust me, we have a LONG way to go before they get into a relationship more serious than the FWB thing they have going on now.

Have a cookie and a picture of Bakubro:

🍪