Christmas Rose

Rose, Christmas - Tranquillize my anxiety.

[Techno POV]

I watched Theseus holding onto Duke Sam, tears streaming down his face and sobbing loudly. Something that shattered my heart. I may not be obsessed like Wilbur, and I may not know Theseus that well, but I can still care about Theseus and only want to see him smile. What type of brother would I be if I felt happy when he cried? Well, I can remember one incident where I was laughing as he cried. But it was his fault for running head-first into a table!

Duke Sam looked so caring, so gentle, so... Father-like. I'm happy Theseus found Duke Sam, I'm glad he found someone to protect him while I'm gone. As Theseus sobbed I noticed something dark red on his shirt, making me pause. I stepped forward and put a hand on his shoulder.

 "Theseus, look at me," I ordered, he turned his head and faced me, sniffling and sobbing quietly. "Why is there blood on your shirt?" He took a shaky breath, mixed with sobs before opening his eyes again.

 "H- He-" Theseus sobbed, unable to draw a proper breath. "It's okay, take your time. We're not upset," Sam said softly, wiping away his son's tears. Theseus's breathing soon calmed until he could talk better, then he looked up at the doors before continuing. "He kicked me in the ribs," He glared at the doors, making me turn to look at them. 

 My eyes caught Phil standing in the doorway with a furious expression, making me stand up. I stepped between Phil and Theseus, the voices screaming for blood. "Sam, take your son and get out of here. You need to go somewhere safe," I said calmly, gripping the blue pommel of my sword. 

 "Theseus, let's go," Sam said, holding Theseus's hand. Phil looked almost betrayed at this, he stepped towards Theseus but I again stood in front of him, trying to protect my youngest brother. 

 "Theseus, I am your father. Don't you remember?" He said, pushing me aside. I continued to keep him away from Theseus the best I could, but he continued to push me aside as he advanced. I caught a glimpse of Ranboo and Wisp together, Wisp calming Ranboo down. He looked like he was having a panic attack and I suddenly realized that this affects more than just Theseus, Sam, Phil, and me. 

 "Get away from Theseus," I said at the same time as Sam. Although Sam said "My son" instead of "Theseus". "You've done enough harm, Phil," I sneered, putting a hand on my father. He looked at me with a mix of betrayal and shock, something I'd had yet to see on him. He pushed me away and began to yell at me, his anger fueling his actions. 

฿ⱠØØĐ ฿ⱠØØĐ ฿ⱠØØĐ! The voices demanded, making my hand slide down to the grip of my sword. "As you wish, chat.

 "SAM! TAKE THESEUS AND RUN!" I screamed, pulling my sword out of its scabbard. Sam took Theseus's hand and began to run, I watched them from the corner of my eye as they disappeared down the hallway. 

 "You wouldn't hurt your father, now would you?" Phil asked, backing up slightly. 

"No, but I told them that if you ever hurt Theseus you were no father of mine."

[Theseus POV]

Dad tugged my wrist down the hallway, nervously looking around. "Dad! I know a place even the Emperor doesn't know about!" I yelled, he cast a glance at me and smiled. "Then let's race there, how does that sound?" He laughed back, making me smile. "TO THE GARDENS!" I screamed, letting go of his hand and running past him down the hall. He chased me, almost at my heels, making me laugh and brag about how much faster I am. I spotted Dream down the hall and beamed at him, waving as I ran. 

 "What are we doing?" He asked, running beside me. "My dad and I are racing to the greenhouse! Join us!" I laughed, pushing Dream's shoulder lightly. He accepted and began to run faster than me, taking off his mask. 

 "Hey! I'm the fastest in the kingdom!" I yelled, running even faster, although my side ached horribly. "Let's prove that, shall we?" Dream retorted, running backward. I laughed and ran as fast as I could, passing Dream with a snicker. I watched as both Sam and Sapnap began to pant behind us, barely keeping up. Dream and I continued to pass one another until I reached the glass door and touched the knob, claiming victory. 

 Sam and Sapnap soon joined us, panting and huffing. "How do you have this much energy?" Sam asked breathlessly. Dream and I laughed at him and Sapnap who were both very tired, making fun of them. Soon we all entered the greenhouse and I was welcomed by the bugs and plants, each swooning in my direction. 

 "Hello to you too," I smiled, looking at the plants and bugs. The butterfly settled on my hair and arms, letting me sit down on the fountain edge before covering me almost completely. There were butterflies on my pants, hair, shirt, and hands, tickling me as they settled down. I giggled as the caterpillars joined and the others stared at me, not a single one of them had a butterfly on them. 

 "Go say Hi to my friends," I told the butterflies, all of the butterflies except the ones on my head flew off and circled my new family, each staring in wonder at the nature around them. The butterflies soon settled on their hair, giving each of them a crown of rainbow wings. Sam studied the sculpture of the greenhouse while Sapnap focused on getting an inchworm off of his boot without hurting it or spooking the butterflies away. Which, in all honestly, was hilarious. 

 I smiled and watched them closely, making sure none of them accidentally touched something poisonous. Sam had come close, but I had some bees swarm his feet to ward him away, it worked a little too well in my opinion, but ehh. At least he isn't crying. 

 The others sat and talked while I cared for the plants and bugs, Making sure to water and feed them. "Theseus?" Dad asked finally, making me perk up. "How did you find this place if the Emperor doesn't even know about it?"

 I thought for a moment, then a memory flashed before me and I smiled. 

"Mother loved plants, she had her servants build this place in secret. It was her hideout and a way for her to escape her duties," I smiled, watering a Ranunculus. I heard silence after this, making me look back at them. Each of them bore a confused look and I laughed at them. 

 "Oh geez, don't look at me like that! They told me, I couldn't remember that far back, not with this shitty memory," I laughed, joining the group once more. I sat down as they cast each other nervous glances. "What?" I asked, passing them each a glance. 

 "Who are these people you keep talking about?" Dad asked, startling me with his bluntness. "Chat!" I chirped, my smile fading a bit. "The things that remind me of stuff? Remember?" They all shook their heads.

 "Chat is the ones that help me remember things, they tell me what people have said and they give me advise and warnings when I need them." They all looked a little worried but changed the conversation quickly, moving on to ask me about the plants and stuff. Why are they acting so weird about it? Is there something wrong with me?

Am I actually going crazy?