"Hello Y/N." Chris greeted.

"Hello." I said and shook hands with him.

"Selena, Taylor is looking for you." Chris said.

"Oh. Alright Y/N, don't be nervous you got this. See you on the stage. " selena said and left.

"You are nervous?" Chris asked, smiling.

"Yeah. I mean it's my first time, you know." I shrugged.

"I get it. Don't worry, I will handle it if you mess up." He said with a wink.

"Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~

"To present the next category, we invite Chris evans and Y/N Y/L/N on the stage. A round of applause everybody!" The anchor called.

'I got this.'

I and Chris walked on to the stage. The crowd started clapping and howling. I kept smiling even though I was a bit nervous. My eyes stopped when they saw selena. She was smiling. She was clapping and howling louder than others to cheer me up. The crowd was now silent.

"The characters in this category are all focused on long shots.." Chris started.

"Solving a murder with no qualifications, winning English soccer matches with American football coach and sending actors out to find work." I said.

"Here are the nominees for male actor in comedy series." Chris continued.

They displayed all the nominees on the screen.

"And the award goes to.." Chris said and handed the paper which had the winners name on it, to me.

"Goes to Jason Sedakis for Ted Lasso." I called out.

We handed the award. Jason gave a thank you speech. We shook hands and congratulated him after the speech.

Before leaving the stage I looked at selena. She showed me thumbs up gesture excitedly.
"Perfect." She mouthed.

I went back to the room and sat down with a bottle of water.
'That went well.' I said to myself. It did indeed. It wasn't as big deal as I was making it.

This time the room wasn't vacant. The crew members, volunteers etc were in.

I texted selena.

:Y/N😎
Godd! They want me to stay here for the afterparty.

Sel🌺:
You don't want to?

:Y/N😎
I do.

Sel🌺:
Dont think too much.
And yes you're coming with me. To my place, after the party.

:Y/N😎
Is there something special?

Sel🌺:
Umm yeah...
Me

:Y/N😎
Let me think🤔

Sel🌺:
I am not taking no as an answer.

:Y/N😎
I dont have a choice then.

Sel🌺:
Alrighty.
See you soon at the party.

:Y/N😎
Hmm

Sel🌺:
Just hmm?
Are you mad at me?

:Y/N😎
No
Why would I be mad at you?

Sel🌺:
Because..
You know..
We had to stop because of Chris..

:Y/N😎
Oh that thing
Yeah maybe I am

Sel🌺:
Awwe🥺
I promise I'll make up to you...
After the party.

:Y/N😎
I was kidding
But you still owe me that.
And I wanted to say something to you...

Sel🌺:
Yeah?
What is it?
Wait!
Why are we chatting?
Where are you?
I am coming there.

:Y/N😎
No don't come here.
There are so many people here.

Sel🌺:
So?

:Y/N😎
Well..
Anyways I an coming to the party right we will meet there.

Sel🌺:
Okay then.
What were you saying?
Before this..?

:Y/N😎
I'll tell you when we meet
Don't worry about it.
See you soon
Bye.

Sel🌺:
Okey dokey.
Bye.

I let out a sigh after hanging up the call.
I didn't want her to come here because there are so many people around here and I don't want selena to have problems the other day when news publishes good or bad assumptions about us. I don't even know if she just likes me or if she wants to, like date me.
I dont want to push her. Whatever it is, she is the best thing I have right now and I don't want to lose her even if we stay as friends or whatever she chooses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the audience were gone leaving only celebrities for the after party. I walked in to the drinks section, surrounded by many similar and famous faces. They all greeted me almost all of em who saw me. That felt honoured, to be honest.
I sat down on the bar stool, looking at the guests.

"Look who do we have here!" Someone patted on my shoulder from behind.