twenty

TWENTY
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

jonah was beyond nervous. yeah, she had been around him on multiple occasions at school and talked to him pretty much everyday, but this was different.

they were officially going on a date.

a date.

she had never been on one before, and didn't know what to do with her self. it took almost two days for her to figure out what she was wearing, and only because she ended up going to the mall to find it and make her life slightly easier. she didn't know how to dress for it either. what would be the best to wear to a picnic at a park? pants? a dress? a skirt?

she had opted for a cute pink sundress with strawberries and some ankle socks to match and luckily for her, she was only on blanket and location duty. riki said he had wanted to bring all the food and the basket. she had no problem with it, the idea of being spoiled giving her butterflies.

but back to the serious questions. what if things don't go right? or it somehow starts to rain?

she checked the weather app again, just to make sure.

"girl, if you don't stop with that app." came the voice of talia. the girl was definitely not going to miss sending her best friend off on her first date. she had been there since the day before, helping pick out an outfit and decide on an up-do for jonah. "i can't help it..." jonah mumbled back.

"it's not going to rain, jonah." talia sighed, getting up from the girl's bed to stand by her in the mirror. she reached for the jonah's phone, opting to throw the device on the bed to stop her from worrying. talia turned back to her best friend with a proud smile on her face. "you look so gorgeous and all grown up." she had dramatically wiped tears away, causing jonah to snort.

"i only look this good because you helped me--"

"oh! maybe that's why then." she interrupted.

"shut up." jonah replied, playfully pushing the girl away. "but thank you, because i was a mess." talia waved her off. "you were just nervous, you would've figured something out. but, i did eat this up..."

jonah rolled her eyes. "i'm finna stop hyping your head up."

there was a call of her name downstairs that interrupted their conversation. it was her mom.

"riki's here!" the woman told her. "hurry up and get down here so i can take a picture!"

jonah's stomach started to do flips at the mention of her boyfriend's name. she was actually about to go on a date. her mom is actually letting  her go on a date. he asked  her on a date.

"my baby is actually about to go on a date!" talia squealed from behind her, rushing to open the room door and get downstairs. "jojo bring your butt down here."

the said girl finally started to move, anxious out of her mind.

as she came down the stairs, she could see him. he was at the last step, standing next to her mom, making the woman look small. they both looked towards her, her mom giving the biggest smile while his face heated up.