three

THREE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

jonah sat at her desk, phone in hand, as she waited for the bell to ring. there weren't many students in her class yet, most still crowding the hallway. jo could only scroll aimlessly through her feed for the moment---talia liked to hang with her boyfriend until the warning bell sounded, so it was all the poor girl could do to pass time.

the classroom slowly started to fill with more students, the girl paying no mind.

minutes passed, and finally the one-minute warning bell rang. causing the sound of students shuffling to their respective classes to get louder in the hallway.

clicking her phone off, she had finally looked up, hoping the next person to walk in was her best friend-who would probably have a silly complaint over something her boyfriend had done while in the hallway.

it wasn't talia who walked in the door, though. instead, it was nishimura riki-dressed in large hoodie and matching baggy sweatpants--with his bookbag lazily hung on his shoulder.

"your hood, riki." came their teacher's voice.

he glanced the woman's way, pushing his hood back off his head to reveal his messy black hair. "sorry."

their eyes suddenly locked.

jonah nervously looked away. pretending to be immersed in her phone again-though it was not even on-as he walked passed her seated figure to get to his own in the back of the classroom.

he smelled so good.

"jojo let me tell you what that hoodlum just did!" suddenly came talia's voice. her face was contorted in fake displeasure as she started to explain what her boyfriend had done.

"these potatoes taste like cardboard." came jonah's voice as she contorted her face in disgust at the lunch food. "don't they?" talia replied, equally disgusted. she opened her mouth to continue the slander, but stopped when she caught her friend peeking at a certain boy's lunch table.

"have you guys texted since you asked for his instagram?" she asked.

jonah shifted her eyes in the direction of the girl. "no, but we follow each other so that's something." she bit the inside of her cheek as talia began to talk.

"i should go over there and beat him up then. how dare he not text my beautiful baby momma?" she sent a glare to the riki's table. her face immediately changed when she realized that he had been glancing in their direction.

"oh?" came her voice, a smirk suddenly forming.

"what?" jonah asked, playing with her potatoes on her tray.

"he think he slick." she smirked.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃