seven

SEVEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"you facetimed??" talia asked loudly. when jonah nodded as a reply, she broke out into a fit of squeals and slapped the girl repeatedly on the shoulder. "omg jojo!!"

jonah snorted at the girl then set her face to a curious frown. "it's kinda weird though and like a whole 360 from what we usually do. we've never talked about facetiming or calling. he just did it randomly..." she trailed off.

she was genuinely shocked. he didn't seem like he would want to call her. their relationship-or friendship or whatever it was-just didn't usually include that.

"girl don't think too much! he called you and you talked. it's true love bae!!" talia seemed more happy about it than jonah herself.

"i mean i guess." replied the latter, trying to hide the smile growing on her face.

"tal and her sidepiece, back at it again." came zayne's voice from down the hallway. he had a tall riki by his side, the boy in a oversized shirt paired with a flannel and some sweatpants.

kind of like what jonah had on.

zayne wrapped talia in a hug, giving her a peck on the lips.

"gross." jonah gags.

"you're literally single." zayne scoffs.

"eat a dorito side ways." jonah replied. it caused riki to let out a snort.

the two finally made eye contact. "hey riki."

"hey jonah." he greets. there was a smile shared between the two.

zayne had an eyebrow raised at them. looking at talia who was all smiles as well. "what happened to y'all being awkward?" he asked, genuinely curious.

"they was on facetime last night." talia responded, the smile never leaving her face as she stared at the two.

it was awkward again.

"they were?!" zayne asked, seemingly in disbelief. he raised his hand for riki to slap. "my man tryna get him a girl again! finally!"

riki smacked the boy's hand away, a smile still on his face. "shut up."

riki laughed in response to what the girl had just said to him. "i'm still tryna figure out why you didn't know if your dog was a boy or a girl."

"listen, it was late and i was sleepy, stop giving me a hard time." he told her, the smile never leaving his face. the two were on their way to jonah's first period. he had insisted on walking her there.

"by the way, your mom is funny." he spoke up, laughing harder when the girl started to cringe.

"oh my gosh, she's so embarrassing. it's like she knows when i'm on the phone with someone and uses that time to bother me." the girl groaned.

"she was nice." riki shrugged. eyes still on the brown girl next to him.

jonah scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "that's what she wants you to think."

the two had finally made it to her class, stopping right in front of the door. "this is me..." jonah spoke up, not really wanting to leave the boy or stop their conversation.

"yeah..." he trailed off-feeling the same way.

the one minute warning bell rang. jonah looked at the electric clock displayed across from them out of instinct. he had less than a minute to get to the other side of school and to his first class.

"you should get going." she told him.

"i probably should..."

"yeah..."

"i'll see you in math then." he told her, slowly backing up to get to his own first period.

jonah tried to hide the smile that was forming on her face as she told him goodbye. "yeah, see you in math." she responded, slowly walking into her class with a flustered grin.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃