nine

NINE
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"it's a little lengthy, so i'll let you work with a partner or two." came the voice of their math teacher. she had just been explaining the study guide she passed out.

jonah inwardly complained. of course it was a day talia had chosen to be absent. she stayed where she was as classmates around her started to group with friends.

"hey, " came a voice, a very familiar one. "let's be partners on this." he told her, not waiting for her to agree to pull up a chair. jonah rolled her eyes at the boy, immediately wanting to mess with him. "i mean, i guess since talia isn't here today. you're my only option."

"don't be annoying."

she immediately snorted at his response, watching as he pulled his pencil out of his pocket to get started on the first question.

"stop looking at me, look at your paper."

"boy, i will fight you."

he looked up at her.

she stared back.

jonah smiled at her phone as she texted talia. the latter had been complaining about being sick at home and missing the "riki x jojo" moments, as she liked to call them. the two were going back and forth, jonah constantly telling her to chill out with her shipping and talia planning the wedding between the two.

"did you get the answer for 15?" riki asked her.

jonah looked up from her phone to look at her paper. she was still on question 10. "i'm not on that question yet, so i don't know the answer." she shifted her mouth to an embarrassed smile. "my bad."

riki shook his head,  letting out a mumble. "can't stand slow people."

"slow?!" jonah's mouth went agape at his words, placing her phone on her desk to give him her attention.

he payed her no mind as he worked on the problem.

"i know you did not just call me slow. and now you tryna ignore me?"

jonah didn't leave him alone.

"riki i will actually fight you. we can fight right here." she crossed her arms and glared at him. the latter continued to focus on his work, trying to hide the boyish grin that had started to form on his face as she continued to threaten his life.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃