sixteen

SIXTEEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

jonah perked up at the ring of her phone, smiling at it being a video call from riki. she hastily clicked the green button and pursed her lips to hide her smile. after making up some weeks ago they practically talked everyday-which of course brought them even closer. jonah felt like she knew everything about him at this point.

an eyebrow was raised when she saw him. "what are you doing?" she asked.

the boy was seemingly in a rush, walking around what looked like the studio. "connecting jay's phone to our speaker." he replied, a little... awkwardly?

"ok...? well, what song are you guys about to dance to?" she questioned, leaning on her arm as she sat laid in her bed.

he blinked a few times. "uh, i think you know it."

there was a ad that suddenly played from his side, and he let out a sigh, seemingly one to shake off nerves. his phone was suddenly given to someone else-he had walked backward without it, and it was kinda shaky so that's what was assumed-and he gave the biggest, shy smile as the sped up song began to play.

"darararararari..."

jonah's jaw dropped as she continued to stare at her phone. he danced to the song, going with the tiktok choreography, and was very shy about it-as if he wasn't a good dancer-looking away from his phone. jonah could hear the laughs of, probably, jay and tye in the background. she couldn't help her own that were bubbling up. she clapped her hand over her mouth to try and conceal it.

when the little clip of music ended, there was suddenly a pink post-it note fetched out of the boy's pocket and he faced it towards her to read, walking closer to the camera so she could see it better.

"please say yes! he won't be able to live this down if you don't!" tye told her, and it confused her even more.

she read what it had said.

'will you be my girlfriend jo?'

her mouth was suddenly agape again.

he was asking her out?

using a tiktok dance and a post-it note...?

she finally burst into a fit of laugher. this whole situation was truly something else.

riki's heart dropped. was she saying no or something? but she seemed to be okay with him texting her a week prior saying that he was serious now? was she lying?

"you're so cute, riki." she grinned. causing his eyes to widen and the red shade on his cheeks to deepen.

"yes. i'll be your girlfriend."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃