"Because it's complicated, Quinn. I haven't told him yet, and I didn't want to tell you until everything was sorted out," Joseph calmly explained, avoiding Hayden's eyes still.

Quinn threw his hands in the air, obviously not happy with his brother's response. "Well mine is complicated too! Why do I have to tell you, but you don't have to tell me!"

"Because I'm not stupid enough to starve myself!" Joseph yelled back.

Quinn narrowed his eyes on his brother. "So you've been feeding off him?" Joseph grimaced, but nonetheless nodded. "That's where our situations are different. You can feed off him. I can't feed off my source because he's also my mate, and I don't want to mate right away!" Now Quinn was full on shouting aggressively as he flung his arms around in frustration. "As much as we like to ignore the fact that I'm part werewolf, now it's staring at us right in the face! These two idiots," he pointed to me and Lyle, "managed to wake up my wolf. I've spent years denying this part of me and now I have a fucking wolf in my head and a werewolf mate/source!"

We all stayed silent after Quinn's rant. Xander slowly backed out of the door, giving me a look that conveyed good luck. Hayden walked over to us, sitting next to Lyle on the other chair.

"Quinn... That's one of the reasons I didn't want to tell you that Hayden is my source. I didn't want to upset you. We've spent so long avoiding werewolves to avoid your past. Maybe this is a sign that you need to face your past instead of running from it," Joseph said in his usual fatherly tone.

Hayden leaned over to Lyle, causing me to raise my eyebrow at the interaction. "What's a source?" He whispered to him.

"It's like a mate but for an incubus. Something about you guys having the same energy wavelength, so he can feed off you forever and it won't kill you," Lyle half-assed explained, but it was good enough for Hayden, who nodded in understanding. "Congrats, man. You got a new boyfriend." he patted Hayden on the back. I rolled my eyes at his lack of filter. Hayden didn't respond to his words, only focused back on the brothers bickering away about their hatred for wolves. It made sense considering Joseph was tortured by wolves and Quinn was abandoned by his pack.

"I don't want to have to join a pack again. It didn't work out the first time, why would I try again?" Quinn declared irritated.

Lyle leaned over to me now. "What happened to his first pack?" Hayden was staring at me intently waiting for an answer as well.

"He was born into a werewolf pack because his father was half werewolf, but his father died in childbirth. His grandparents raised him until his grandma died. His grandfather gave him up to a witch convent when he was like 5," I explained quickly to the two men. They both made sounds of understanding.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to. Just at least meet up with your mate and see how it goes. But please, you can't starve yourself anymore! It's dangerous, Quinn," Joseph begged, placing a comforting hand on his brother's shoulder. Quinn looked exhausted, both mentally and physically.

"Fine, I won't starve myself as long as you tell me what the hell is going on with your loverboy over there," Quinn pointed to Hayden, who looked embarrassed with the attention now on him.

Joseph sent Hayden an apologetic look before turning back to his brother. "I didn't find out too long ago. His name's Hayden, and he's the Delta of this pack." Quinn narrowed his eyes at Hayden, not bothering to turn back to his brother.

"Well obviously you aren't his mate since you don't have any werewolf blood. You are a purebred incubus, so what if he finds his mate?"

Hayden tensed at this, his shoulders sagging. "My mate, um, died a few years ago," Hayden finally spoke up. Quinn frowned at this, instantly looking guilty for the accusation. Hayden stood up, approaching the brothers, even though Joseph was standing there awkwardly. "I didn't even know about this whole source thing, but I do know I like Joseph. I'd never hurt him intentionally." Quinn seemed satisfied with this answer.

"Good because Joseph really wants kids, and he can only get pregnant by his source." Joseph's eyes widened at this, but Lyle laughed very loudly.

"Hell yeah Hayden! You get to have incubus-wolf babies!" Lyle clapped, thoroughly enjoying the awkward situation.

Joseph finally faced Hayden, both the men having flushed red cheeks. "Excuse my brother... we can talk about this later, okay?" Hayden nodded in agreement, looking relieved by the suggestion.

"Does this mean you are going to be moving into this stupid packhouse?" Quinn whined. I was starting to realize why I tolerated Quinn to the extent I did. His personality was strangely similar to Lyle's. Maybe that's why they instantly got along today.

Joseph quickly glanced at Hayden with his mouth open. "Quinn, that's not, um, something we are discussing right now. He just found out that he's my source," Joseph stuttered hesitantly.

Hayden somehow took this situation like a champ and wrapped a protective arm around Joseph, who was much smaller compared to him. "I don't live in the packhouse. I actually just moved into a house on the edge of the pack grounds. I don't have to since I'm only a Delta," Hayden pitched in. I was surprised at how well he was adapting to the situation, but this was the ideal situation for Hayden. Him and Joseph were the same age, and Hayden lost his mate young and now he's bonded to this incubus, who he seems he actually likes.

"Thank goddess it's at the edge of the pack. I honestly hate the smell of smelly dogs. It's gonna suck if I'm living with you guys, but I'll manage with the dog smell as long as I can absorb some of the remaining energy," Quinn rambled.

"Seriously, Quinn, we are not at the stage of moving in or anything like that," Joseph dismissed.

Hayden turned to his new mate, looking down at him in his arms. "Why not?" Joseph's eyes widened at this comment. "I mean we've been seeing each other for a month now. We obviously both like each other and see this going somewhere. Apparently, I'm your source, so that pretty much solidifies our relationship, right? My parents are going to be ecstatic once I tell them about you. You two should come for dinner next week to meet them."

On one hand, this did seem pretty rushed, but then on the other, I considered Hayden's last mate. He regretted spending so much time contemplating their relationship instead of just going with it. This was his second chance, and he was going to hold onto it tightly.

"I mean he doesn't eat, but now I do because of this wolf thing going on. Will there be meat? Lyle just taught me how to cook a burger," Quinn responded as Joseph's mouth still hung open wordlessly.

Hayden nodded. "My mom makes really good chicken. I didn't realize incubi don't eat."

"We don't eat or sleep. We absorb energy from other beings who eat and sleep so we don't have to," Quinn explained easily. "We still need to drink fluids, though. We drink a shit ton of water since we don't get it from food like you guys do. Joseph loves wine. He can drink wine while we eat."

"Sounds like a compromise to me. Would you like to meet my parents then? How about Wednesday night?" Hayden directed his question to only Joseph, who has stayed silent this entire time.

He hesitated, looking between his brother and source. "Oh, um, sure, we are free Wednesday. Are you sure they will want to meet us so soon?"

Hayden eagerly nodded. "I'm telling you, they will be so happy. They know I've been seeing someone these past few weeks, and they've been through the roof about it. I'm sure they will love you, and will probably pester us about kids more than Quinn has." Joseph blushed at this but nodded.

Lyle clapped his hands, causing everyone to look at him. "See? That wasn't too bad? You got your family drama all worked out. Now, if you guys could leave so I could have some time alone with my mate, that would be great."

Quinn rolled his eyes, but nonetheless gathered his things up from around the room. His forgotten backpack now on his back. As they left, I heard the start of Quinn's interrogation. "So Hayden, are you an only child? How old are you? Did you go to college?" 

A/N  Opinions on Quinn so far? All I gotta say you better enjoy him if you like reading my work lol