16.The Swiss Family Digimon

In the morning, Nayna woke up first feeling much closer to Koji's body than when she fell asleep. She could feel his hand around her waist keeping her close to him. Surprised, she looked over to him only to see him sound asleep, but his jacket missing, only now realising that it was put on her.

As she tried to get up, Koji woke up too and let her go.

"Morning. How did you sleep?" He asked stretching.

"Uh...Good..." She answered avoiding his eyes.

"Me too." He said with a soft smile getting up as well, taking back the offered jacket. "We should go back to the others and start searching for the Toucanmons again." He said ready to leave only for Nayna to grab his arm.

He looked back at her confused.

"Before that...Can you-"

"I won't say anything to the others. You'll tell them when you are ready. About both things." He said, his soft smile present once more as he looked at her then turned and went towards the hut, Nayna right behind him.

As they arrives back to the hut, they woke the others and started the search for the thief digimon once again.

"Toucanmon! Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Shouted Takuya as he was searching the bushes. "Come out already! Please..." He grunted getting up looking around. "Who are we kidding? We couldn't find them even if they bit us on the nose." Said the brunette sulking.

"Where could they be?" Zoe wondered as they all returned to the beach house to rest as the afternoon sun was out and the temperature grew hotter.

"JP, how's your...uh...You know..." Said the youngest worried for his chubby friend.

"I don't wanna talk about it." He said sulking.

"Let's just take a break for a while."

Hearing a heavy sigh, Zoe turned to JP.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I bet we'll find your D-tector real soon." Said the girl sympathetically.

"Huh? What were you saying, Z?"

"JP, weren't you thinking about your D-tector?"

"Oh, uh...well... I was wondering if... you would be like that..." He said unsure.

"Huh? Be like what?" Asked the blonde confused.

"Like Calamarmon."

"Calamarmon!? Where!?" Jolted up Takuya.

"I was just wondering if you'd be scary like that. You know? Like when you get your beast spirit and all that."

This gave the other guys some thinking to do as their imagination run wild imagining Zoe evil only for the girl to burst their bubble with a snap.

"Stop that! I can't believe you guys would think something like that! I'm nothing like her!" She said offended.

"Of course..." Said Neemon nervous by her outburst.

"Hey! Say it like you mean it!" She barked back snapping the poor digimon's waistband.

"He's not saying you're evil or anything. Just that beast spirits are hard to control." Said Takuya taken aback by her temper.

"Yes, remember what happened to Takuya?" Said Bokomon.

"I'll always gonna be a cool and beautiful girl digimon, that I know." She said confidently.

"How?" Wondeted Tommy.

" 'Cause I'm a girl, and girls know how to handle power when they need to." Said Zoe striking a pose, scaring JP, Tommy and Neemon.