5.A Molehill out of a Mountain

The next morning, the two continued their journey in silence, until they reached a village filled with all kind of digimon of all sizes and forms.

"I asked around, it seems the way to the forest terminal is beyond the mountains." Said Nayna approaching Koji who was looking around, stopping and looking back at her only when he heard her voice then looked to the mountains up ahead of them.

"Any trailmon for that route?"

"Not for a while, probably we should just head on, if one comes by we hop on, if not, still fine, at least we didn't stayed around for nothing" Said the girl starting to walk.

"Right. Is there a passage through?" Asked the wolf boy as he started to walk by her side.

"Nope..." She said flatly.

"Then how are we suppose to pass?" He asked looking at her frowning only to see her making a mocked thinking face. "You're kidding right? You seriously want to just climb it."

"Come on, what's so hard to climb?" She asked looking at him with a grin.

"Do you need glasses or something? Those mountains are really steep."

"No need to worry about my eyesight. I can see very well. I know it will be...interesting, but we'll manage. Don't tell me the oh, so great Koji is scared of some rocks."

"Except those are not rocks" He said annoyed.

"Well, technically, they are, just to a larger scale."

As they reached the side of the steep rocky surface of the mountain, they both looked up at their road ahead.

"Well, ladies first." He said motioning with his hand towards the mountain.

"That phrase makes you feel too good, doesn't it?" She said with a raised brow then rolling her eyes, turned to the mountain. "Fine then, as you wish." She said as she made a jump, latching her feet on a few places until she got to a small ledge, a few good meters above the ground, where she could stay on and looked back down at the dumbstruck boy. "What are you waiting for? An invitation or something? Move."

It took him some time to reach her position, when he did, she looked down at him kind of annoyed.

"Wow...You're slow...I'm surprised that you have the element of light...Having that element you should be way faster."

"Shut up..."

Rolling her eyes, she jumped again, the same process happening again, this time she reached her hand out to him to help him up but he ignored it.

"Why do you have to act so stubbornly all the time? You should know when to put aside your pride and accept help and right now, it's one of those moments." She said exasperated as she grasped his wrist and made another big jump getting them both on a ledge. only to find themselves at the entrance of a cave, inside hearing voices. Looking at the back of the cave they saw a cage, behind the bars, a small group of some snail digimon.

The digimon raised their eyes, seeing the two kids, they gasped.

"Heroes!"

"Please! You must release us!"

"You'll scare them! Don't be so pushy!"

"Get us out of here."

Koji approached the cage and looked at the lock.

"Doesn't happen to be lock picking one of your many talents, is it?" Asked the boy looking back at Nayna.

"If it was after me, sure...Too bad I have to play by Their rules" She thought frowning at him. "Maybe next time."