T W E N T Y F I V E

Start from the beginning

Ahmed's outfit^

He was smiling brightly at me. His smile is so contagious that I couldn't help but give one back.

"Hey, sorry I was lost in my thoughts ... so embarrassed getting caught like this" I said sheepishly with my hands still on my cheeks.

He laughed at my burning face "It's alright we all have those days...but I'm really curious as to what got you thinking so deeply?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

Ya Rabbi did he really have to ask that?! Oh no, think...think...what should I say? I'm so dead Urrrghhh

"Um, nothing just silly things you know" I hoped he would believe me and drop it.

"If you don't want to talk about it just say so, you don't have to lie you know" when he said that it made me feel guilty and immediately I started to apologize. "It's fine but do remember next time that I know you well so lying to me won't work" he teased me.

I rolled my eyes at him.
"Did Kayla give you a tour too?" I asked him.

"Yeah"

"But wha- when?" I asked confused.

"When you were daydreaming" he teased making my cheeks beat up again.

"HEY! Stop it. We will not bring this up again okay?" I plead to him. He raised an eyebrow with a mischievous glint in his eyes. I pouted at him making a puppy face and he couldn't resist and finally agreed.

"Fine. I'll let it slide this one time" he rolled his eyes at me.

I grinned at him.

******

It was lunchtime now and I was finishing up my report. 'Come on Ameera, you can get this done with and eat' I was so focused on my report that I didn't notice Ahmed standing near my cabin leaning across the door looking amused at me. He cleared his throat.

I jumped in my seat and looked up. I gave him a sheepish smile.

"Hey, sorry didn't see you there" I fidgeted with my blazer.

He grinned " Yeah, I could see that"

I stuck my tongue at him childishly. "Do you need something?"

He looked at me seriously "Yeah. You"

"WHAT?!" I looked at him with wide eyes and jaw hanging.

He burst out laughing. I pouted making a sad face. "Oh come on, I was just teasing you Mir" he teased me using the nickname Dre used for me.

I narrowed my eyes at him "You cannot call me that" I tilt my chin up still pouting.

He came in front of my desk. He bent down and leaned in "And why not?"

"It's what Dre calls me" I looked away feeling intimidated.

"So? I can call you that too. You are my best friend it's only fair" he stood up and folded his hand and pouts making a sad face.

Gah...I almost gave in but then again I'm stubborn so I composed myself and looked at him sternly.

"You can give me another nickname. Just not 'Mir' it's reserved for my buddy"