7 | No time

While Bow continued his watch throughout the day, Adora held herself to Catra's needs. "She's been hiding in the tent for a while, should I check up on her?" Adora asked the tired curly-haired boy. "Adora give her some time alone. All her friends just left her, she needs time to think," Bow replied. Adora sighed.

She knew Bow was right. She just wanted to make sure Catra was okay. It seemed like abandonment was her new middle name. But she was sure her friends would come around and Catra would forgive them. Or maybe the other way around.

"I'll just go check on her one last time. I'm sure she'll let me inside the tent this time," said Adora and took off before Bow could stop her but he was too tired to even try.

And just like Adora had said, Catra let her inside. "You actually let me in? You're warming up to me already," Adora said, smiling. "Well, I had no other choice. You'd just keep asking to come in for the rest of the day," Catra said. Catra turned her back to Adora and huddled up in a corner, wrapping her tail around her legs.

Adora realized she had also taken off her helmet and was left deliberately on the ground. Adora picked it up and examined it. "Find what you're looking for blondie?" Catra asked, knowing that the blonde was looking at her things. "When I joined the rebellion, yes," Adora replied.

Catra turned to face Adora. What did she mean by "yes"? Catra was being sarcastic, she didn't think the girl would answer. "What do you mean?" Catra asked, wanting Adora to explain what confusing shit she was talking about. "Growing up in the Horde, I always knew I wanted to fight for something good and I honestly thought that's what I was doing." Catra had no idea what that had to do with anything, but she continued to listen anyway.

"But I always felt like something was missing. Like maybe... I was meant for something else," Adora continued. "And then I joined the rebellion and everything made sense." Catra still didn't understand anything the blonde was saying. Did she fall on her head? Probably. "So you're telling me to join the rebellion and everything will make sense?" Catra asked. Adora groaned. Wasn't she specific enough for the cat to understand?

"Adora you're talking in tongues. I have no idea what you're trying to tell me," Catra informed her.

"I'm trying to tell you that at first, life is confusing," Adora said. Catra shifted her body so she was facing the blonde. "It's not just life that's confusing," Catra mumbled. "Really? What else?" Adora asked. "What you're saying still makes zero sense! Just get to the point Adora," Catra replied. Adora sighed. "I'm trying to say that some time in your life you're going to find something... or someone that will change your life forever," Adora said. Catra once again turned away and went deep in thought.

Something that would change her life forever? The Horde changed her life forever when she became the second in command. "So that something was the rebellion for you?" Catra asked. Adora smiled, happy that Catra now understood, and nodded. Catra slightly smiled. If something already changed her life, maybe someone was ready to change hers next. Maybe a new best friend or... someone special? Maybe they'd make Catra more comfortable with betraying the Horde. Or maybe they'd make Catra more comfortable in general.

Catra and Adora heard shuffling from outside and then Bow walked inside. "Have you guys seen Mermista and Netossa?" he asked. Catra turned to face him and shook her head. Adora did as well. "Why? Are they missing?" Adora asked. "I didn't realize until now, but yeah," Bow replied. "I bet you that they went to go find Glimmer," Catra said. Bow nodded. "We have to go find them," Adora said firmly. Bow sighed.

"We can't leave camp. Horde Prime could attack any time," Bow said. "Just leave Entrapta in charge," Catra said as she stood up from the ground. "Entrapta? In charge?" Bow asked and looked at Adora, she shrugged. "Are we going or not? Let's go before I change my mind," Catra said. She walked passed the two perplexed beings and made it outside. They followed behind her.