She was golden, you were plastic I - AU

Mulai dari awal

-----

After that small and awkward encounter, you and Wanda would often lock eyes at school. She would always smile and you would always blush. The redhead adored your shyness and adored even more how it would only increase because of her.

Despite all that, you never talked to each other. What you totally understood considering the enormous social gap between the two of you. A girl like Wanda would never want to be friends with you anyway.

That's why you startle when you heard her voice greeting you from behind, causing you to almost drop all the books you were putting on your locker.

- Hey! – You said, trying to ignore the anxiety that was taking over you as you looked into Wanda's green eyes.

- You're good at chemistry, right? – She ask and you just nod excessively. Why her eyes had to be so green?! – Great! Do you think you can help me? I'm terrible at chemistry and I'm failing hard.

- Sure. – You decide to use words this time but you regret completely when you manage to stutter every single syllable.

- Awesome! – She says sounding really excited and hands you a card containing time and address. – See you later, then?

You nod again offering her a shy smile and when she leaves you feel your legs getting numb with what just happened.

-----

When you arrive, you try not to freak out at how Wanda's house is easily four times bigger than yours. It doesn't take long for Wanda to open the door for you after you knocked.

As she leads you through the house you feel the anxiety taking over you and you take deep breaths to calm it down. But chemistry is one of the few things that calm you down, so soon enough you're feeling very relaxed, talking about a subject you love so much. You were feeling comfortable enough for even make jokes once in a while and of course Wanda noticed it.

The redhead observed your abrupt change of behavior in curiosity and endearing. She would never tell you this, but she was not that bad at chemistry. She just wanted an excuse to spend time with you and, observing you for the past few weeks, she thought that would be the perfect opportunity.

Soon enough this studying encounters became a two times a week thing and before you knew it, you were falling in love with each other. But you would never tell her that, because she obviously would never feel the same way. And Wanda would never tell you either, because even though she thought you might feel the same way, it would change her school dynamic completely and she was not ready for that.

But there you were, talking so passionately about all these equations and she couldn't take it anymore.

Wanda's lips advancing towards yours was something you never thought would actually happen so when it did, your brain short-circuit and it takes you a few seconds to properly react to the action.

It's no surprise to say that the studying was completely forgotten as you spent the rest of the afternoon making out with Wanda.

On the next day at school you expected things to be different and was a little disappointed when they didn't. But of course they wouldn't, because you would always be the nobody and Wanda would always be the most popular kid.

Things went like that for a while and you thought they were getting kind of serious since Wanda was calling you by pet names whenever the two of you were alone. And you were trying to convince yourself that as long as Wanda would treat you like she did, it was alright, because you've never felt so loved and wanted in your entire life.

But that wasn't entirely truth, because the more she pretended that you two were not a thing (in fact, pretending the two of you weren't even friends), the more you felt like she was embarrassed of you and that what the two of you had was not serious for her.