Birthday surprises

Summary: Today is your birthday and your girlfriend has made several plans to celebrate it with you. But the universe doesn't seem to be in her favor at all.

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

It's your birthday, and everyone in the complex knows it.

Not because you talk about it, no. In fact, if it were up to you, probably no one would even mention it, since you don't usually talk about that sort of thing. The reason everyone knows (and is tired of hearing) about your birthday is a certain brunette witch. Wanda, your girlfriend.

The girl has been thinking about it for weeks, planning and devising what to do. And after so much time and effort, the day has finally come, it was time to put her plans into practice.

The first step of the celebration would be to make you a perfect breakfast and bring it to you in bed, just like in the movies and sitcoms the witch liked so much. So she would wake up before you, as quietly as possible not to wake you up, and go to the kitchen to organize everything.

And then Wanda wakes up, and finds it strange that she didn't hear the alarm clock ring. But she figures she must have woken up before it did, and turns over in bed slowly so as not to wake you.

But when she does, the brunette's eyes widen in surprise and confusion as she sees your place in bed empty.

Looking for her phone on the nightstand, the brunette grumbles a curse word when she sees she overslept. Besides, Wanda notices a piece of paper lying next to where her cell phone was a few seconds ago. Unfolding it, the Sokovian recognizes your handwriting.

Morning, witchy! Sorry I didn't wake you, but you were sleeping so lovingly... And I noticed you took a long time to sleep last night, so I thought you could use a little more time in bed. Don't be mad at me! I love you, see you at lunchtime.

Wanda folds the paper and puts it back in its place. On any other day, that note would have put the biggest smile on the brunette's face, her heart fluttering with your care.

But not today. Today that note ruined her plans for the morning. But that's okay, she has other ideas in mind. And so she stands up, determined to make all the others work out.

-----

The next step in your birthday celebration was lunch.

You and Wanda always cooked together. In fact, this was one of the things the witch liked best about your relationship.

But today is one of the days of the week that you spend the whole morning busy, training the SHIELD agents who usually work together with the Avengers.

This is not a problem, however, as it would give Wanda the opportunity to make a special lunch for you. And that is exactly what she's doing.

Carefully and tenderly, the brunette prepares your favorite foods, taking extra caution to make sure everything is perfect, gruffly kicking out poor fellow Avengers who innocently come into the kitchen.

When everything is finally ready, Wanda glances at the clock and smiles when she sees that it's finished just in time, you should arrive in a few minutes.

But then the hands of the clock keep moving and there is no sign of you.

"Jarvis?" The brunette calls out to the artificial intelligence eventually, her eyebrows frowning in both concern and disappointment. "How can I help, Miss Maximoff?" The robotic voice sounds shortly thereafter, and Wanda wastes no time in asking, "where's Y/n?"