She was golden, you were plastic I - AU

Summary: After Wanda, the most popular girl at school, falls in love with the "nobody", she has to choose between her reputation or her clumsy lover.

Pronouns: she/her || Warnings: insinuation of sex (not smut); angst with a happy ending

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

You would say that your high school was like any other high school.

There were the jocks (or how you usually call them, jerks) that were basically a bunch of loud savages with a highly doubtful IQ. The highlight of the group was, of course, Steve Rogers aka the golden boy. Every teacher loves him so he never gets caught for any of his bullshit.

There were also the good-ats and the brains, apparently led by Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. Although Stark was a particular case because he would also be seeing hanging out with the popular kids but you were sure that was only because he was (absurdly) rich.

There were the emos/goths that you were always too scared to look twice so you didn't know any of them. The only member of the group that you've ever talked to was Thor, but you're pretty sure he was only there to be with his brother, Loki. Thor was a good person, he was always nice with everyone and you often giggle at how he looks like a golden retriever surrounded by a bunch of grumpy black cats.

And last but not least, the popular kids, the top of the food chain of high school. You didn't actually get the whole popularity thing, apparently the only criterions were beauty and money. So that was no surprise that the most popular of all them was Wanda Maximoff. Wanda was the leader of the populars. In fact, the leader of the entire school. Everyone either wanted to be her or to be with her. And she was well aware of that.

Oh, and there was you. You're just a regular kid, really, not fitting in on any group. You could say you were a loner, maybe. Some people would call you a nobody but you didn't mind. You never liked the attention anyway. The only person you could maybe consider a friend was Natasha, but you two only talked at the corridors because her locker was right next to yours.

But all that changed almost three months ago when you started dating Wanda. Yes, yes, you know, a nobody and the most popular girl at school? That's absurd! Well, if you were honest, you didn't understand it either. But things weren't simple. In fact, they were really complicated. But we better start from the beginning.

You didn't actually know how it all started, if you were honest, so you would say it was when the two of you spoke for the first time.

You were rushing over the corridors, late for your chemistry class, and suddenly you bump into someone, knocking over the books they were carrying.

You mumble a bunch of apologies as you pick the books up and you hear the girl complaining irritated that you should be more careful. The moment you hand her the books and the two of you lock eyes she stops talking. You mentally curse yourself repeatedly when you realize who it was and you think you're screwed as you see Wanda eyeing you with a quite indecipherable expression.

She gently picks the books from your hands and you adjust your glasses in an attempt to relieve the nervousness. Wanda seems to analyze the action attentively.

- Thank you. – She says and you try to ignore how her voice brings goosebumps all over your body. You feel your cheeks heating up and you hope she doesn't notice, but by the way she smiles at you, you think she did.

She leaves without saying another word and it takes a while for you to remember why you were in such a hurry in the first place. When you do, you rush throughout the corridors again.