Some godly encouragement

Summary: "Even though my life before was tragic, now I know my love for her goes on." || Ask game

Pronouns: not used || Warnings: none

───── ⋅ ✮ ⋅ ─────

"Even though my life before was tragic, now I know my love for her goes on." One of the things you liked best about Thor was his funny way of speaking, almost as if you were listening to a song or watching a play. So you have an amused smile as you say, "I'm happy you're happy, mate."

"Thank you, my dear friend." He rests a heavy hand affectionately on your shoulder, making you sink a few inches onto the couch. When he returns his hand to its original position, you discreetly take yours to rub the spot he has squeezed. "Now, what about you and Wanda?"

"Wanda and I are just friends." You answer with an annoyed sigh, tired of saying the same thing over and over again. Thor, as usual, doesn't buy it. "Are you sure she's aware of it?"

That's pretty much the reason why we're just friends, you think bitterly, your eyes drifting to the kitchen where the witch is cooking something with Vision by her side. As usual. "I am."

"Hmm, I think you're wrong. She always gives you the hungry eyes." The Norse god argues, but you just stare at him with a mixed face of confusion and disbelief. "The what eyes?"

"The hungry eyes!" He repeats, as if it were obvious, settling down on the couch next to you to explain. "Full of passion, flame, lust-"

"Okay! I got it!" You interrupt with rosy cheeks, glancing into the kitchen once more to see if your shout has caught the attention of the object of conversation. Lucky for you (or not), the brunette is still immersed in her conversation with Vision.

"And she doesn't give me... that." You grumble as you look back at the blonde man, who shakes his head in both disagreement and disappointment. "For one of the smartests Midgardians I know, Y/n, you're pretty stupid."

"I'm not sure whether I'm flattered or offended by that statement." You attest with narrowed eyes, and although Thor laughs, his expression soon becomes serious. "Go talk to her."

"No!"

"I'll let you hold Stormbreaker." The God of Thunder smiles at your hesitation, and you let out a curse as you stand up. "Fine."

The few steps to the kitchen are the longest of your life, Thor's heavy feet following yours echoing in your ears. But the blond man stops just before the door, and you enter the room alone, swallowing hard to build up courage. "Hi, guys."

"Hello, Miss Y/l/n." Vision greets politely, but you barely pay attention to him with Wanda smiling so sweetly at you. "Hey, Y/n/n, we're making hot chocolate, do you want some?"

"No, thanks but I... I wanted to talk to you, actually." You stutter and shake your leg nervously, which captures not only the witch's interest but also her concern. "Oh... Okay."

You offer an anxious smile to reassure her, inviting her to follow you with a nod of your head. But then you two are alone in the edge of the kitchen, and Wanda is growing too anxious about your silence not to ask, "So?"

"So..." You start, but your hands are too sweaty, your body too heavy, your mind too loud. Still, you try. "Would you... I... I mean... Out... With... You-me... Well, us... Maybe?"

"What?" In all the time you've known her, Wanda has never looked as confused as she does now. Not that you could judge her, however, even you didn't understand what you said.

"Forgive me for intruding, Miss Maximoff, but I believe Miss Y/l/n is trying to invite you on a romantic encounter." The red synthezoid comes to your aid and you nod fiercely, glancing at him for a brief moment before looking at the brunette again. "Yes! Yes, I was trying to get there."

"Oh..." Is the only response you receive and, without knowing that the reason is because the witch is as nervous as you are, you start to panic again. "Only if you want to, of course! We don't have to! Of course we don't have to, it's okay if you don't want to. I-"

Your speech is interrupted by a quick kiss on your cheek, making you fall silent immediately. "You're cute when you're nervous." Wanda says with cheeks as red as yours, and you let out a giggle.

"Good thing I'm always nervous then." The joke makes her chuckle, and you feel the butterflies in your stomach fly rampant. "I'd love to go on a date with you." The brunette adds, more shyly than ever, and the ear-to-ear grin on your face is impossible to contain. "So... Do you wanna go now?"

"Yes, but..."

"Don't worry about the sweet thing you were making, witchy, we can finish it for you." Thor offers helpfully, finally entering the kitchen and offering you a not at all discreet thumbs up, but you're more concerned about leaving your alien friend in the kitchen. "Are you sure about this, Thor?"

"Of course! It's just Midgardian food, how hard can it be?" He confirms dismissively, bringing his hand to Vision's shoulder as he had done with you moments ago. "Besides, I'll have Vision with me, the guy knows everything."

You and Wanda exchange uncertain glances, but she's smiling at you, her eyes shining so brightly that you can't seem to care much about what will happen to the hot chocolate if you leave now.

"Alright then." You agree finally, and as the blonde man smiles broadly, the girl beside you entwines her fingers with yours. "Lead the way." She asks with a contented smile, and you squeeze her hand gently before doing so.

So the two of you say goodbye to Thor and Vision, complicit glances exchanged between you and the God of Thunder that no one else seems to notice.

And as the two of you leave the room, there's no way of knowing that Thor and Vision would end up destroying the kitchen the moment you set foot outside the compound.