Monty de la Cruz: They carried me out like I was, but, you know, 200 stitches and a few surgeries, and here I am.

Hannah Baker: We can work this out.

Monty de la Cruz: No, we can't fucking work it out! I'm going away for life. What the fuck are we going to work out?

Clay Jensen: Well, there'll be a trial, and we can testify...

Monty de la Cruz: Guys like me, they don't get trials. And what about Bryce?

Clay Jensen: What about Bryce?

Monty de la Cruz: How does he get justice?

Clay Jensen: Bryce hurt a lot of people.

Monty de la Cruz: Yeah, and you're no better than he is. You fuck with whoever you want, ruin people's lives.

Clay Jensen: Bryce was a fucking rapist, and so were you.

Monty just chuckles evilly at Clay as he jumps over the table and tackles him down and punches him... Only for me to wake up in my bed.

Hannah Baker: Clay!

I look around the room and I only see Bridgette sleeping in her bed. It was only a nightmare.

It's Christmas Eve and today is the day Justin Foley returns from rehab. Things haven't been good for Clay Jensen since the deaths of Bryce Walker & Montgomery de la Cruz. Clay had the same nightmare Hannah just had. His mental health was beginning to take a toll on him. He's in the kitchen eating breakfast with parents...

Laine Jensen: (Sighs) Clay, honey, um, you sure you don't want to come with us to the facility today? Might be fun.

Clay Jensen: When is anything called a facility ever fun? (Chuckles)

Matt Jensen: Justin might like to see you.

Clay Jensen: Mm. I'll see him at home... at the party.

Clay and his friends have planned a welcome back party for Justin.

Laine Jensen: Clay, your, um, 1st semester grades came in yesterday.

Clay Jensen: How do you have my grades?

Laine Jensen: The school email. As always.

Clay Jensen: Oh. Right. I didn't... I didn't do too well on my finals.

Matt Jensen: Which is understandable.

Laine Jensen: We're going to talk to the school.

Clay Jensen: No!

Laine Jensen: We're going to talk to them about some allowances for what you've been through, but... (Sighs) ...Clay, you need to be thinking about college. Have you finished your apps? (Voice distorts) We just want you to feel like you can come to us for anything, but if you don't feel like you can come to us for anything, then I think we need to start thinking about starting up again with Dr. Ellman.

Clay could barely hear what his mother was saying as voice was distorting in his mind as he snaps out of it when he hear a glass shatter.

Matt Jensen: Shit! Sorry.

Clay's dad accidently broke a glass cup on the kitchen sink.

Laine Jensen: So, Clay, what do you think?

Clay Jensen: (Stutters) About what?

Laine Jensen: About seeing Dr. Ellman. It helped Hannah very much when she started going.