♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟱𝟰 !

the next morning, i wake up energised and happy and excited and giddy and everything good. after showering, i change into some black slacks and a cool cream coloured long sleeve crop top. after eating, i head upstairs to the bathroom. i'm stood in front of the sink, brushing my teeth when i see yeonjun's reflection walk in behind me. he's looking good like always, wearing black jeans with a oversized brown sweater with the brands name on in black letters and pulling it off like it was designed just for him. he stands behind me, slipping his hands around my waist, wrapping his arms around my stomach and showering the side of my face and neck with kisses. i can't describe the feeling. just pure happiness. i laugh, as his light kisses begin to tickle my neck, and i try not to splat toothpaste at the mirror.

"jesus christ." juwon's voice says from outside the bathroom, and yeonjun pulls back. "look, i'll always cover you guys." juwon says quietly. "but you could at least try not to get caught." he says, gesturing to the door wide open.

right. "sorry." i say, with my mouth still filled with toothpaste.

"my bad." yeonjun says.

then juwon smiles slightly. "are you two like...official yet or...?" he asks cheekily.

"dude!" yeonjun says, as though he's just plain embarrassing which makes me laugh slightly. i spit into the sink, and rinse the toothbrush clean.

"come on, i'm covering you so you could at least tell me what's actually going on here." juwon says, resting his dark black eyes on his brother with a massive grin like he has no shame at all.

"juwon-" yeonjun sighs, rolling his eyes.

"romeo over here asked the big question last night." i say to juwon.

his eyes light up. "what, he proposed? you're getting married?" he celebrates, but he's quite clearly joking and knows exactly what i mean.

yeonjun has had enough at this point, so just whacks him with a hand towel, chasing him away. i smile to myself, amused, before yeonjun suddenly reappears, plants a kiss on me quickly, then disappears again.

i could not be more happy.

we arrive at school a little early so we can sit in the car before class. i think juwon assumes we just want to sit here and kiss so gets out quick, but that was not the plan. we never actually responded to the dm from rider stewart. we need to. and i'm scared.

"what do i say?" i look up to him from my phone.

"just keep it short and simple." he says. "if we seem too over the top he'll be put off."

"okay so like...thanks uh..."

"oh just give it here." he laughs, taking the phone in his hand so he can type. but his thumbs don't move across the little keys.

"see, it's not that easy, is it?" i point out.

"well how many producers have you had slid into your dms?" he asks.

"not many! that's the point!" i laugh. "okay just say..." i pause. "how about, 'hi, thank you so much, we're very interested, what would be the next step from here? '" i say.

he looks at me. "why were you struggling to come up with something?" he says. "that's literally fine, here, take it back." he passes me the phone.

"okay." i say, turning it over in my hand to type. "wait, what did i say?"

"jesus christ." he laughs.

eventually, we've sent him a message, and we turn off the phone straight away before we can panic and change our minds. heading into the school, i feel different. i feel more confident. nobody knows that we're girlfriend and boyfriend, yet i feel like i'm regarded differently. maybe because it was my birthday yesterday. i've kind of been the centre of attention lately and usually hate it, but it's definitely brought yeonjun and i closer together and i wouldn't change any of it for the world.

i think it's called the honeymoon phase. you know when you first get into a relationship and you can't stop thinking about each other and looking at each other and can't keep your hands off each other? it's exciting, we just want to be together constantly, but that's a little difficult when we're not allowed. we still have to keep us a secret, only now, it's an official secret whereas before it was just a couple of kisses and mixed feelings.

"what's happened?" daeun whispers to me between second and third.

"what do you mean?" i ask her.

"you're all bubbly and happy." she says. "did something happen with yeonjun?" she asks.

i'm smiling at my shoes as we walk, and she pulls me to a stop. "hey, tell me." she says excitedly.

i look up to her. her cold blond hair is back in a messy bun, and she's wearing a pair of doc martins under her jeans which she got me to doodle all over. the sharpies lasted a good year now, the patterns look as though they're part of the shoe design.

"hey." she says, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

i bite my lip to conceal my smile as i glance around the hallway to make sure no one is listening. everyone is hustling and bustling about, too busy trying to get to their next class to be paying attention to us.

"he asked me to be his girlfriend last night." i say to her quietly and quickly.

"what?!" she squeals, causing a couple of brief glances to dart in our direction. "that's so exciting!" she says.

i hold my finger to my lips, and she then holds her finger to her own lips. "sorry." she says. "can i tell-"

"no." i say simply.

"oh come on-"

"seriously, no." i say. "no one else knows. except juwon. and maybe yeonjun told soobin but that's it. we have to keep it a secret." i remind her.

her face sinks. "okay."

at lunch time, i pull out my phone and turn it on, eager to see if we've got a response from rider stewart. yeonjun arrives next to me, and sits as close as he possibly can without making it too suspicious. i just want him to wrap his arms around me but people would definitely question that. we both look down at my phone, and are shocked to see that we've got a response already.

that's excellent news. i'd like to hear what other music you have, or anything you're working on. if you could send me a little demo of a song or anything at all, that would be great. looking forward to hearing from you soon - rs.

we smile at each other and for a second we instinctively glance down to each other's lips. that's when soon kicks yeonjun's shin under the table. i'm guessing yeonjun told soobin, and now soobin is giving little signs if we start making anything obvious. right. gazing at each other's lips probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

the day passes, and eventually we're home. the evening is spent with yeonjun eager to play his new guitar, and me chatting with juwon. he wants to know all the details of our new little situation, but i'm not telling him absolutely everything. once everyone's in bed, yeonjun and i take advantage of the empty living room by kissing for way too long way into the evening. we're just excited and can't keep our hands off of each other.

soon it becomes friday. all five lessons pass, and everyone is coming out of fifth. people are lingering around in the school hallways, collecting their things, chatting messing about. i'm taking my things out from my locker, and go to find yeonjun. when i reach him by his locker, i'm expecting him to smile in that cute way that he does. but he doesn't. he senses my presence, but doesn't look at me. instead, his jaw clenches and he closes his locker with a slam. i flinch.

"what's wrong?" i ask him.

he frowns at me. "what's wrong?" he asks, like that was the most stupid string of words i could possibly put together.

i just look up at him. what the hell happened?

"come here." he tugs at my sleeve, so that we're further away from the crowd. oh god. what's going on?