♥︎♡ ! >﹏< 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯𝟯 !

days pass. today is thursday. tomorrow is the day it all happens. we still haven't told any of our friends about it. they're all going to be at kendall's party. meanwhile, we'll be underground in this massive nightclub flooding with all sorts of people, listening to the open mic night, performing in front of everyone. including kendall's parents. including yeonjun's parents. it seems so nerve-racking that sehun will be there, blood boiling, completely raging that yeonjun is performing music. hopefully, after everyone sees how talented yeonjun is, and that it's not just a 'child's job', he'll accept him.

every day, we've been picking out a lollipop stick which decides what we've been doing after school. on monday, we went ice skating. on tuesday, we went on the ferry to go see the statue of liberty. yesterday, we went swimming. we've been having so much fun. all of it. although strangely, the things i've been enjoying the most have actually been the unplanned things. the little things. like chaotically giggling by the mini fridge in the corner shop, and eating chinese food on the side of the road at night, sitting up on the rood of the apartment building as the sun sets, sitting on the bonnet of the car, buying fluffy hoodies from the disney shop - the best memories have actually been the unplanned things. the stupid things. the simple things. they're the most memorable things. i think i know what the lyrics to our song will be about.

one sleep later, and today's the day. last night, yeonjun and i were up late writing the song in the garage. we were playing around with the melody, rehearsing, changing things, fixing things, rehearsing some more, laughing and getting distracted by stupid things, rehearsing more, eating cheese puffs, fiddling around a bit more, rehearsing, rehearsing. we worked hard. really hard. and today? today it's happening. there's no going back now.

after school, late in the evening, we're sat in the car outside the club. i wouldn't say that the car is filled with tension. but it's filled with something. we're both silent, nervous to go out there and perform. maybe the car is filled with dread and regret. no. we have to stop it. we should be excited.

"okay." i say, looking to yeonjun. his fingers are tapping up and down frantically on his knee. "hey, relax." i say to him.

he turns his head to me. "little difficult." he says. "he's going to freak the fuck out."

i nod. "i know." i say. "look, we don't have to do this." i say to him. "it's not too late to pull out."

"no." he says. "i'm doing it. we're doing it."

"are you sure?" i ask him.

"he's going to go mental." he says. "utterly mental. but i have to do it." he says. "i just want him to fucking accept it."

i nod. "he will." i say. "probably not tonight. but eventually, he will. this is just a first step." i say to him.

we're not dressed particularly fancy. i'm just wearings some black leather pants and a grey sweater, and he's in black loose slacks with a belt and a black t-shirt. plain and simple. neither of us are the kind to try and stand out. tonight, up on that stage, i think it will be the first time we do.

i open the door, about to get out of the car, but he leans across me, pulling the door shut again. my heart pounds, with his face so close to mine. i'm getting déjà vu. this is exactly what happened when he first have me a lift to school. so much has changed. back then, i was shocked and appalled at how rude and horrible he was. he had shut me in the car so i couldn't leave. he was demanding me to swear that i hadn't heard anything that night. now, he's shut me in the car, but the dynamics are completely different. so much has changed between us.

"wait." he says.

i blink, looking at him. "what is it?" i ask quietly.

his face is so close to mine for a second, but then he pulls back. "before we go in." he says. "before everything gets crazy. i just...i just wanted to say thank you."

i blink. "thank you?" i ask.

"i treated you like shit when we first met. truth is...no one has ever called me out for being such a dick before. i mean...aside from elena, but she's a different species." he says, which makes me smile slightly. "you had only just met me, and you put your foot down. you weren't afraid to tell me to quit being like that." he says. "thank you for doing that."

i study his face. everything about him is captivating - his startling dark eyes, his impeccable bone structure, his flawless skin, his jet black scruffy locks of hair. he's so perfect. how did i get so lucky? of all the house holds in new york, i got placed with him. choi yeonjun.

"and thank you for this, as well." he says. "i would've never had the guts to do this, and stand up to my dad if it wasn't for you." he says.

i look at him, a small smile forming on my face. i've never had someone sit down and give me suck a direct thank you for anything before. i'm grateful, glad that he's actually appreciating me for things, but at the same time, i'm not completely sure how to react. so i smile at him and lean forward slightly, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"come on." i say to him, smiling. "let's do this."

a smile forms on his face before we both get out of the car.

we used yeonjun's fake id to get in, and i was holding the guitar, so they let me in assuming we're an act. no one actually checked, so here we are plain and simple.

people are dressed up in all sorts of things, mainly tight skimpy clothes for the young ladies, and then fancy-wear for the older generations. there's a band up on stage as we walk around the room. the strobe lights and shaking floors make me feel disoriented, but we make it to the other end. hearts pounding, bodies shaking. everything is hectic. i can see that yeonjun's spotted his dad over my shoulder, so he pulls me further around the stage instantly, out of sight. the signing up and tech is all sorted when we're there, and my rattling heart is going out of control.

we're holding hands. i'm not sure when that happened, but evidently it did, as neither of us are now willing to let go. we are directed up the steps to the side of the stage. from the wings, we can see the size of the crowd. i'm terrified. but i know i'm not as terrified as yeonjun is.

"hey." i say to him.

he's staring out across the massive herd of people.

"hey." i say again. "look at me."

his head turns to me, and he's biting his lower lip with nerves.

"yeonjun, we've got this." i say to him. i place the guitar down on the floor and hold both of his hands. "i've got you and you've got me. block out everyone else. it's just you and me, yeah?" i say. "just you and me in your garage."

he nods slightly, his eyes looking down at me.

the crowd is cheering as the last act finished, but he just looks down at me for a small moment, before he quietly says, "you know, you're kind of beautiful."

that's when i fully feel my heart skip a beat.

"okay! next up we have yeonjun and chaewon singing an original, simple simplicities." says the voice of the tech guy.

eyes locked, we look to each other meaningfully before we hesitantly step out onto the stage, there's some cheering as we come into view, an encouraging welcome. we know that somewhere in that crowd, sehun is staring up at this stage in fury. right now. he's out there looking at us right now.

the two of us sit on the stools in the centre of the stage. i hold my microphone in my hand while yeonjun's is on a stand in front of him, allowing him to use his hands to play.

i take a shaky breath, trying to calm my nerves. we can do this. we look to each other, and i give him a small smile.

that's when his fingers start to delicately pluck at the strings.