For the first time, there was a tension, an air, an aura around them which Harry didn't know whether he wanted to break or not. It was extremely fragile -the silence between them and Harry's decision would condemn them for whatever it was Malfoy had planned for them. 

"Alright." Harry found himself whispering as his hands slipped slowly, carefully into the Slytherin's outstretched ones. Their gazes connected, grey eyes holding his green ones, searching. A slow smirk tugged onto the blond's aristocratic ones, and Harry's hands which were lightly placed upon the blond's were soon tightly clasped. 

Malfoy guided him, towards the center of the terrace, where Harry could hear the faint music from inside the Great Hall. The 'Weird Sisters' had stopped now, and a slow music was playing inside. Harry could make out quite a few couples on the dance floor, from his position, all dancing to the rhythm with their partners. 

Oh!

The sudden realization struck Harry. He had been asked by Malfoy to the ball. Him and Malfoy were the very thing tonight; Partners. 

Him and Malfoy, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy -Partners.

"Focus...on me Potter." Harry's breathe hitched and his stomach did another weird jerk when he felt Malfoy's arms on his waist and before he knew it he was already forced into the female partner's position. Peeking a glance at the other, Harry hesitantly placed his hands on the blond's shoulder. Malfoy grinned at him, at that action.

Merlin...Harry thought as he averted his eyes once again -he seemed to be doing that a lot in the blond's presence- either Malfoy had finally lost his marbles or Harry was on the way to loose them.

They began dancing, Malfoy guiding Harry and for the first time for the night, Harry didn't mind the fact that he didn't knew how to dance. He was instead too focused on how his body shivered and trembled where he could...feel Malfoy. 

The arms on his waist, the eyes on his face, the breathe on his ear -it felt all too much and too...intimate for Harry.

Sure they had danced awhile ago in the Great Hall, but there were others there too. They were not alone like they were now. For the first time, Harry didn't knew if he wanted for people to openly gawk and stare at him or a single Malfoy to have eyes only for him, only for Harry. 

"You are not focusing, Potter." the blond teased and Harry lifted his eyes back to glare only for the glare to falter when he caught the soft smile on Malfoy's face. He looked more charming with that smile, more handsome, more beautiful and more kind...

"Now that's better." the blond conceded as his eyes refused to leave Harry's. He twirled them around and Harry found himself unable to care for anything else at that moment. He was only aware of the warmth on his waist, which help him sway with the blond's rhythm. The grey pools which beheld Harry's green ones with a predacious potency. The smell of wine and vanilla accompanied by the fresh smell of roses, ensnared Harry's senses.  

Soon, all to soon, their rhythmic swaying came to an end but Harry found himself unable to get away, from the blond. Malfoy still had the firm grip on Harry's waist and Harry was horrified at his own willingness to stay in those arms. 

"Potter..." Harry could feel Malfoy too close, now. So close that he could see that Malfoy's grey irises were more grey on the outside than the inside. So close that Harry could see the slight pink on the blond's pale skin. So close that Harry could feel Malfoy's wine scented breathes mix with his.