"What?" Harry spluttered at that, his cheeks warming up and yet his eyes never loosing their glare. 

"Why did you come here?" the sudden change in topic had Harry even more confused as the blond who had been towering over Harry seconds ago, suddenly took steps back maintaining a respectable distance between them. 

Harry tried searching the blond's face for any clue, but Malfoy refused to meet Harry's eyes -instead gazing at the view behind Harry. 

Sighing, Harry turned his back to the other boy and towards the very view, "Why do you care anyway, Malfoy?" Harry asked somewhat dryly. Now that he saw, the trees on the outskirts of the forest had tiny lamps and lighting hung over them. It felt surreal. Like a fairytale coming alive, Harry thought. 

"You are my partner...for tonight, Potter." Harry shivered as he felt Malfoy's breathe on his right ear. He stiffened further, when he could feel the taller boy's proximity closer than before. If Malfoy were to take a step further, their bodies would be flush against each other. "And I, as a proper gentleman, do need to keep 'tracks' on my partner." 

And just as suddenly as Malfoy had advanced, he retreated back -enabling Harry to finally breathe. His heart was thundering like mad and his ears -where the blond's breathe had fanned- were burning like mad in contrast to his cold body. 

Harry could feel his fingers trembling and he felt -he felt on fire even though his body was freezing cold. Taking in a shuddering breathe, Harry turned around -back to the blond- to scream at him, to rage at him, to yell at him -just why was he doing this? just why was Malfoy being like this? Like he cared? Like it mattered? Like Harry mattered to him?

But all of Harry's complaints were stuck. Stuck in his throat as his eyes widened with disbelief.

 Malfoy was bowing. The Draco Malfoy was bowing. The Draco Malfoy was bowing before him, the Harry Potter. The Draco Malfoy was bowing before him, The Harry Potter -his sworn enemy, his childhood nemesis, his most hated person.

"May I request a dance, Potter?" 

Harry was unable to reciprocate Malfoy's intensity. The intensity with which those grey eyes held his form in them, the intensity with which those smoky eyes stared at Harry, the intensity with which those pair of anthracites gazed at Harry -as if Harry was the only thing that mattered- it was all too much for Harry.

"Dance?" Harry found himself mumbling as he averted his gaze from those dark orbs. "Here?"

"Yes Potter, here." Malfoy's voice had shivers run down Harry's spine. "Just the music, the view and just...you and me." 

Harry's stomach did a weird jerk at the 'you and me' and he was not entirely sure whether he was bothered by it at all. Now that Harry thought, he was never sure when it came to Malfoy.

 It had always been impulsiveness and his hot-headedness that Harry had used against Malfoy. Always used his 'Slytherin tongue' to rile and defame Malfoy, always used his hatred for the blond to stand up against him. 

But now, Harry was defenseless. He found himself vulnerable. 

Unable to use all his previous 'weapons'. For, for the first time in ages, Malfoy and him were not spewing profanities and curses at each other. Not firing jinxes and hurling insults at each other.